Air fryer salmon patties are made with canned salmon and cooked to perfection! This pantry-staple meal is packed with protein, easy to make, and oh-so-delicious.
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal that’s packed with protein and flavor, you have to try air fryer salmon patties! They’re perfect for seafood lovers or anyone looking to incorporate more nutritious fish into their diet.
Best of all, we’ll be using canned salmon and other pantry staples for extra convenience! The combination of panko, eggs, fresh herbs, and seasoning adds delightful flavor and crunch to each bite while air frying helps us achieve a perfectly crispy exterior without the need for deep frying.
The whole meal can be ready in less than 20 minutes! Serve over salads, in a wrap, on your favorite bun, or however you and your family like. Once you try a bite, you might find yourself making this recipe on repeat!
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Patties
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, mix together the salmon, panko breadcrumbs, egg, green onion, red pepper, dill, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt until everything is fully combined.
STEP THREE: Form the mixture into 4 patties, pressing each firmly into a disc shape.
STEP FOUR: Add to the preheated air fryer and allow to cook for 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until cooked through.
STEP FIVE: Serve immediately with lemon wedges and additional dill if desired.
What to Serve with Salmon Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Avocado Crema
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Cajun Corn on the Cob
- Ninja Foodi Rice
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Simple Italian Pasta Salad with No Meat
- Tzatziki Sauce with Sour Cream
How Long to Cook Salmon Patties in the Air Fryer
Canned salmon is pre-cooked, so our goal is to cook the patties long enough to get them golden on the outside and hot all the way through. The crispy exterior is what makes them absolutely irresistible!
When I air fry salmon patties, I find that 8 minutes at 375 degrees F, flipping halfway through the cooking time, is just right. Keep in mind that the exact cooking time can vary based on your make and model of air fryer and how thick you make your salmon burgers.
Tips for Making the Best Salmon Cake in the Air Fryer
- I like to make salmon patties with canned salmon for convenience, but you could use leftover cooked salmon if you like. Just flake the fish before mixing it with the rest of the patty ingredients.
- Drain the canned salmon well before mixing it with other ingredients to avoid excess moisture. This will help the air fried salmon burger get that wonderful, crispy, golden exterior.
- Press the patties firmly to shape them and help them hold together during the cooking process.
- For extra crispiness, lightly spray the patties with oil before placing them in the air fryer. You can respray the tops when you flip them as well.
- If cooking premade frozen fish patties, increase the cooking time to about 12 minutes.
More Delicious Salmon Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Oysters
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Swordfish
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Frozen Cod in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Fish Recipes
- 8 oz. canned salmon, drained
- ½ cup panko
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, minced
- ¼ cup small diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the salmon, panko,egg, green onion, red pepper, dill, dijon mustard, garlic powder and salt until everything is fully combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties, pressing each firmly into shape.
- Add to the preheated air fryer and allow to cook for 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and additional dill, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.