You won’t be able to get enough of these crispy air fryer salmon bites! They cook to perfection in just 10 minutes and taste like heaven served alongside the sriracha dipping sauce.
Looking for a non-boring fish recipe that doesn’t require breading or a lot of prep work? These super easy air fryer salmon bites are exactly what you want!
All you need is a little oil, lemon juice, and some seasonings to whip up these crispy delights.
Chop the salmon, toss it all together, then whip up the sriracha dipping sauce while the salmon cooks in the air fryer. You can be ready to serve in under 20 minutes!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The easy way to make delicious and healthy salmon bites in the air fryer
- How long to cook salmon in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best air fryer salmon bites
- Some inspiration for what to serve with this recipe
- The simple 3-step process to reheat salmon bites in the air fryer
Salmon is a great source of lean protein and Omega-3s. And when it’s this easy to make and tastes this good, you’ll want to make this healthy meal all the time!
How to Make Salmon Bites in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Cut the salmon into even 1-1½ inch cubes, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
STEP TWO: Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
STEP THREE: Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the salmon. Sprinkle with the seasoning.
STEP FOUR: Use your hands or a wooden spoon to toss everything together until the bites are completely coated on all sides.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the seasoned salmon bites to the air fryer basket, placing them in a single layer.
STEP SIX: Air fry the salmon bites for 7-10 minutes, flipping once until fully cooked.
STEP SEVEN: While the fish is cooking, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, or ketchup, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until fully combined to create the dipping sauce.
STEP EIGHT: Serve the salmon hot with the dipping sauce.
How Long Does Salmon Take in the Air Fryer?
According to the USDA, salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
However, some people claim salmon is actually overcooked at this temperature and that you’ll get the best results closer to 125 degrees F. So it really depends on your preferences.
For this recipe, as long as your bites aren’t any bigger than 1½ inch cubes, cooking them for 7-10 minutes should be plenty.
You want them to be nice and crispy on the outside.
When you cut into the salmon, the inside should be tender, flaky, and opaque.
Variations for this recipe
Looking for a little sweetness? Try making honey salmon bites in the air fryer! Just replace the olive oil with honey to drizzle over the salmon with the lemon juice.
Then, when you dunk the bites into the sriracha dipping sauce, you’ll get an amazing burst of sweet-and-spicy flavor!
Want to make sure this recipe is kid-friendly? You can always use ketchup in place of sriracha in the dipping sauce so it won’t be too spicy for the little ones.
Do You Need Breading for Crispy Salmon Bites?
Nope! While there are plenty of delicious recipes out there for breaded fish, this recipe is for air fryer salmon bites with no breading.
It cuts down on the prep work and the carbs for a quick meal you can feel good about eating!
Tips for Making the Best Salmon Bites in the Air Fryer
- After drizzling the salmon with oil, lemon juice, and seasoning, try to stir gently so you don’t break up the fish, but make sure to stir enough that all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cut the salmon as evenly as you can. You want all the cubes to be uniform in size to help them cook at the same rate.
- Make sure the salmon is in a single layer in the air fryer with space between the bites if possible. This will allow the hot air to circulate and crisp up the outside of each one.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Bok Choy
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Ninja Foodi Rice
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
How to Reheat Salmon Bites in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Lay the salmon bites in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until crispy and heated through.
Other Air Fryer Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound skinless salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½-1 tablespoon sriracha (or ketchup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the salmon into even 1-1.5-inch cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the salmon and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to toss everything together, coating the bites completely.
- Then place the seasoned salmon bites in a single layer in the basket. Air fry for 7-10 minutes, flipping once until fully cooked.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the dip ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined. Serve fish immediately with dipping sauce.
How to reheat salmon bites
1. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
2. Add salmon to your air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.