Elevate your steak game with this air fryer filet mignon recipe! You won’t believe how easy it is to achieve the perfect melt-in-your-mouth texture and flavor every time.
A beautiful steak like a filet mignon deserves to be cooked to perfection. Once you try a melt-in-your-mouth tender bite of air fryer filet mignon, you may never want to cook this beef filet any other way again!
The air fryer is absolutely perfect for bringing out that butter-like texture of filet mignon. Meanwhile, the outside gets a perfect layer of crisp that dials up the deliciousness. Every bite is simply exquisite.
Filet mignon is one of the most expensive types of steak because it is so unbelievably tender and flavorful. If you’ve been worried about cooking it just right in the past, trust me: the air fryer delivers a perfect filet mignon every time!
This tenderloin steak is a delicoius way to treat the family, your sweetheart, or yourself. Best of all, hands-on prep is about 3 minutes, then let the air fryer handle the rest!
How to Cook Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
STEP TWO: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP THREE: Season the steaks liberally with salt and black pepper on both sides. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
STEP FOUR: Air fry for 10-16 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cook time, until the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, tent them with foil, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
STEP SIX: Serve hot with garlic butter or compound butter, if desired.
What to Serve with Air Fried Filet Mignon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
How Long to Cook Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer
I highly recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer when cooking filet mignon! This is such a beautiful piece of meat, and you deserve to have it cooked to your perfect level of doneness.
The precise time is going to depend on your specific model of air fryer and the thickness of the steak. A 1 inch thick steak is obviously going to cook much faster than a 2 inch thick one.
Once you reach the 10-minute mark, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak and continue checking every minute until it reaches your desired temperature:
- Rare: 120 degrees F
- Medium rare: 130 degrees F
- Medium: 140 degrees F
- Medium well: 150 degrees F
- Well done: 160 degrees F
Cooking a 5 oz filet mignon in the air fryer should take around 10 minutes. Medium will be about 12 minutes and well-done will be about 15 minutes. Keep in mind that the steak’s temperature will rise by about 5 more degrees while it rests.
Tips for Making the Best Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer
- Let the steaks sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking them. This will help them cook more evenly and ensure the steaks stay beautifully tender.
- I would not recommend trying to air fry filet mignon from frozen. It’s much better to let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Flip the steak halfway through the cooking time so it will cook evenly and get a beautiful crisp layer on all sides.
- Always let the steak rest so it has time to reabsorb the juices. If you slice it while it’s hot out of the air fryer, it can dry out.
- Keep in mind that the temperature of the steak will rise another 5 degrees or so while it rests.
More Air Fryer Steak Recipes
- Air Fryer Flank Steak
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- Air Fryer Skirt Steak
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Frozen Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cube Steak
- How to Reheat Steak in the Air Fryer
More Steak Recipes
- Air Fryer Chuck Roast
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Instant Pot Steak
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Steak Fajitas
- 25 Ways to Use Leftover Steak
- 45 Juicy Steak Dinners
- 2 5-6 ounce filet mignon steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spray the inner basket with cooking oil spray.
- Season the steaks liberally with salt and black pepper on both sides. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10-16 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cook time, until the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness.*
- Remove the steaks to a cutting board, tent them with foil, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving with garlic butter or compound butter, if desired.
*Use a meat thermometer to check for the right temperature –
(10-12min) 120 degrees F/rare
(11-13m) 130 degrees F/medium rare
(12-14m) 140 degrees F/medium
(13-15m) 150 degrees F/medium well
(14-16m) 160 degrees F/well done
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1136Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 412mgSodium: 859mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 113g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.