Dive into the scrumptious world of easy air fryer banana bread! With minimal prep, the whole family can enjoy moist and delicious slices in under 45 minutes.
Have you ever tried making air fryer banana bread before? If you’re used to baking this treat in the oven, you might wonder why you’d try the air fryer method.
Just imagine a warm, golden loaf of moist banana bread, freshly baked and filling your home with that irresistible aroma. We all know how amazing that is, right? Now what if I told it could be ready in under 45 minutes?
That’s right! Using the air fryer not only speeds up the process but also locks in that moisture, making every slice just as delightful as traditional oven-baked versions. Whether you’re new to baking with the air fryer or already use it more than your oven, this air fryer banana bread recipe will become one of your new favorites.
How to Make Air Fryer Banana Bread
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 310 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan with no edges.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, then set aside.
STEP THREE: In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the egg, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
STEP FOUR: Mix in the sugar, add the flour, and stir until just combined.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, then place the baking pan in the air fryer.
STEP SIX: Air fry for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
STEP SEVEN: Allow the banana bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
STEP EIGHT: Slice and serve.
How Long to Cook Banana Bread in the Air Fryer
Cooking the perfect loaf of banana bread is all about getting that gorgeous golden crust without losing the moist center.
The best part about using the air fryer to make banana bread is that this only takes 30 minutes of cooking time!
I recommend doing a toothpick test around 25-minutes to check on the loaf’s progress. If it comes out clean, the banana bread is ready! If there are crumbs on your toothpick, give it a few more minutes.
More Delicious Bread Recipes
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer White Bread
- Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
- Irish Soda Bread With No Buttermilk
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Zucchini Bread with Applesauce
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Opt for ripe bananas. The browner, the better to get that deep banana flavor and natural sweetness.
- Combine the ingredients until they are just mixed to keep your bread tender and moist. You want to avoid overmixing.
- Grease and flour your loaf pan to ensure a non-stick experience and a perfect loaf every time. An 8×4 or 9×5 loaf with no ledges will fit in most square air fryers.
- Don’t skip the cooling time! Give the loaf 10 minutes to cool before transferring it to a wire rack, and then allow it to cool completely for those perfect slices.
- Feel free to customize your banana bread with nuts, chocolate chips, or any other add-ins you like!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Banana Bread
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- Air Fryer Apple Slices
- Edible Brownie Batter
- Vanilla Mousse
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Cake
- Air Fryer Cookies
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
Air fryer Oreos made with just 2 ingredients!
Get the recipe!
Air fryer apple slices coated in graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon
Get the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (about one cup)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat air fryer to 310 F. Grease and flour a loaf pan (8x4 or 9x5 with no ledges will fit in most square air fryers)
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the egg, canola oil, and vanilla extract
- Mix in the sugar, then add the flour and stir until just combined.
- transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, then air fry in preheated air fryer for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.