Transport your taste buds to paradise with caramelized air fryer pineapple for a delicious treat that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
Looking for a sweet treat that’s ready fast and tastes like a trip to paradise? Get ready to fall in love with these super easy air fryer pineapple rings!
Brushing the rings with a mixture of butter, sugar, and cinnamon before air frying the pineapple gives them the most incredible caramelized coating!
And you still get that amazing natural juiciness that makes fresh pineapple so irresistible.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a tempting but healthy dessert, you have to try roasting pineapple in the air fryer.
These golden, caramelized rings of perfection are going to become an instant family favorite!
How to Make Air Fryer Pineapple
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Mix the brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth.
STEP THREE: Place pineapple slices in the air fryer, making sure they are not overlapping, working in batches as necessary.
STEP FOUR: Brush each slice with the brown sugar mixture.
STEP FIVE: Air fry pineapple for 8-10 minutes or until the rings have softened slightly.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Pineapple Rings
- Always preheat your air fryer for the best results.
- Use a pineapple corer to easily cut out the core of the pineapple and get the perfect-looking slices you see in the picture
- Cook the pineapple rings in batches to avoid overcrowding the basket. Overlapping can cause the fruit to steam instead of roast.
- Serve air fryer pineapples right away to get maximum flavor and juiciness!
More Air Fryer Fruit Recipes
Variations for Air Frying Pineapple
- If you want to save time, you can use canned pineapple rings or pineapple that have already been peeled and cored instead of slicing up a fresh pineapple.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg or allspice to the cinnamon sugar mixture to give the flavor even more kick.
- For an adult dessert, add a splash of rum to the brown sugar mixture before coating the pineapple rings.
- Sprinkle crushed pecans or walnuts over the air fryer pineapple rings before serving.
- Drizzle air fryer pineapple with melted chocolate right before serving for a decadent touch.
- Mix shredded coconut into the brown sugar mixture to dial up the tropical taste.
Can You Put Fruit in the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a fantastic tool for roasting fresh fruit! It makes each bite incredibly juicy. Just wait until you try air fried pineapple!
How Do You Pick the Best Pineapple?
When you’re buying a fresh pineapple at the store, you want one with green leaves and a nice yellow color.
The pineapple should feel heavy, not hollow. You also want it to have a little give when you squeeze it, but you don’t want it to be mushy.
How Long to Cook Pineapples in the Air Fryer
Making roasted pineapple in the air fryer only takes about 10 minutes!
The exact time to air fry pineapple will depend on how thick your slices are, but you want them to be soft on the inside and golden on the outside.
What’s the Best Way to Make Roasted Pineapple?
I’ve tried pineapple grilled, baked, and cooked on the stovetop, but air frying pineapple is absolutely my favorite way to enjoy it!
The air fryer is ideal for caramelizing the pineapple slices and bringing out their natural, delicious flavor.
Can You Use Store-Bought Peeled and Cored Pineapple?
If you want to save some prep time, you can certainly use pineapple that’s already been peeled and cored! This is a great option if you don’t want to peel and slice an entire pineapple yourself.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Pineapples
More Fruit Dessert Recipes:
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- Mango Mousse
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crushed Pineapple
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- One fresh pineapple, sliced into rings
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Mix the brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place pineapple slices in the air fryer, making sure they are not overlapping (you may need to make 2-3 batches).
- Brush each slice with the sugar mixture.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes or until the pineapple has softened slightly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.