Upgrade your next brunch with decadent sweet cream pancakes! They’re super fluffy, oh-so-rich, and perfect for topping with fresh berries, jam, or even nutella.
Looking for the perfect brunch treat? These sweet cream pancakes are so rich and decadent that once you try them, you may never be able to go back!
Best of all, these indulgent treats are just as easy to make as regular pancakes.
Heavy cream, extra sugar, and a hint of vanilla in the batter is what makes them so exceptional, but you’ll whip up the batter and cook them on a griddle just like normal!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make a batch of the most delicious pancakes in about 20 minutes
- The differences between sweet cream pancakes vs. buttermilk pancakes
- Tips for making this recipe so they turn out amazing every time
- How to store leftover pancakes
Whether you want to whip up a special breakfast for the family or you’re hosting brunch for a group of friends, everyone is guaranteed to go crazy for these pancakes.
And nobody ever needs to know how easy they were to make!
How to Make Sweet Cream Pancakes
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
STEP TWO: Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder, then stir to combine until you have a very thick batter.
STEP THREE: Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
STEP FOUR: Once hot, grease the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP FIVE: Using ¼ cup of batter per pancake, pour the batter onto the griddle.
STEP SIX: Cook the pancakes for 3 minutes or until they are golden brown on the bottom and a few bubbles have appeared on the top.
STEP SEVEN: Flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
STEP EIGHT: Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
STEP NINE: Serve warm, garnished with your favorite toppings.
What Are Sweet Cream Pancakes?
Heavy cream is what makes these “cream” pancakes. It adds a richness that you simply have to taste to believe!
However, we’ll still use some milk to thin out the batter a little, otherwise it would simply be too thick. Finally, a generous helping of sugar adds the “sweet” to these sweet cream pancakes.
What Do Sweet Cream Pancakes Taste Like?
Have you ever tasted the difference when you put heavy cream or half and half in your coffee instead of milk?
If so, you can start to understand how much richer these pancakes taste than regular buttermilk pancakes!
Sweet cream pancakes are unbelievably soft and almost seem to melt in your mouth.
The heavy cream adds a richness, but the pancakes are still fluffy and light. Basically, they’ll taste like the best pancakes you’ve ever tried!
Tips for Making the Best Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Mix the ingredients until you have a very thick but smooth batter. You want to be sure you’ve gotten out all of the flour lumps.
- Because the batter is thicker, you might not see as many bubbles on the surface of your pancakes when they’re ready to flip. Make sure to check often with a spatula so the bottom side doesn’t burn.
- If cooking in batches, set the finished pancakes on a platter and place in the oven on WARM or set to 200 degrees F while you cook the rest of the batter.
Can You Make Sweet Cream Pancakes with Bisquick?
Personally, I wouldn’t recommend trying to use a box pancake mix in this recipe. They could turn out clumpy, and you risk not getting that beautiful, fluffy texture we all love!
Thankfully, this recipe is super easy to make from scratch. You only need 8 basic ingredients that you may already have stocked in your fridge and pantry!
What to Serve with Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Deviled Eggs without Vinegar
- Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
How to Store Leftover Sweet Cream Pancakes
If you have any extra pancakes, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
I recommend reheating them on a griddle or in the oven.
Other Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
Sweet Cream Pancakes
Upgrade your next brunch with decadent sweet cream pancakes! They’re super fluffy, oh-so-rich, and perfect for topping with fresh berries, jam, or even Nutella.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Next, add the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir to combine. The batter will be thick– that’s okay!
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Grease the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and use a ¼ cup measuring cup to portion out your pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes for 3 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the bottom and a few bubbles have appeared on the top. Flip the pancakes and cook them on the second side for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm, garnished with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.