Looking for a fun family breakfast? Just throw some frozen waffles in the air fryer! They’re done in 5 minutes flat, so all that’s left is to add your favorite toppings and dig in.
Want to enjoy a fun breakfast with the family that doesn’t require tons of prep or cleanup? Just throw some frozen waffles in the air fryer!
I love that I don’t have to fuss with preheating the oven, and the waffles turn out much better than when I make them in the toaster oven.
The outsides get the perfect amount of crispiness, while the insides stay beautifully soft and fluffy! Best of all, they’re ready in 5 minutes.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My 5-minute method for making air fryer frozen waffles
- How long to cook frozen waffles in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best waffles
- My favorite toppings to make your waffles as simple or as fancy as you like
- How to reheat waffles in the air fryer
There’s something about a stack of waffles that will always make me think of a relaxing weekend morning.
Even if it’s a busy weekday and you’re just trying to get the family fed and out the door, this recipe will still infuse your morning with some tasty weekend vibes!
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
STEP ONE: Place frozen waffles in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Some overlap is okay.
STEP TWO: Cook the waffles in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3 minutes.
STEP THREE: Flip the waffles, then cook for another 1-2 minutes until they are crispy to your liking.
STEP FOUR: Serve immediately with your favorite toppings or store in the oven on WARM until ready to serve.
How Long to Cook Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer
This is all going to depend on how crispy you like your waffles. Once you flip the waffles, check on them after one more minute of cooking. If you want them crispier, give them one additional minute.
I wouldn’t say to cook these any longer than 5 minutes total. Otherwise, they could start to lose that soft, fluffy interior and will end up tasting like one big cracker.
Which can still be tasty but not exactly what we’re looking for with waffles!
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer
- It’s okay if your waffles overlap slightly in the air fryer basket, but try to keep them in as close to a single layer as possible. This will help them cook evenly and get crispy on all sides!
- Flipping the waffles halfway through will give you the best results and allow the hot air to crisp up as much of the waffles as possible.
- If you’re cooking more than one batch, transfer the air fried frozen waffles to an oven-safe platter and store them in the oven at 200 degrees F until you’re ready to serve.
Toppings for Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
While maple syrup is always a classic, you can dress up your waffles as much as you like! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Apple slices and cinnamon
- Bacon crumbles
- Chocolate chips
- Cool Whip fruit dip
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream
What Brand of Frozen Waffles Should You Use?
For this recipe, I used Eggo Frozen Waffles. I like the homestyle and buttermilk versions, but you could definitely try any other versions.
The blueberry, strawberry, or even chocolate chip waffles would all be amazing!
Have another brand of frozen waffles you prefer? No problem! I recommend starting with the same method, but keep a close eye on the waffles after you flip them.
They may cook at a different rate depending on the thickness.
How to Reheat Waffles in the Air Fryer
- Place the leftover waffles in the air fryer in a single layer. Some overlap is okay.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360 degrees F until the leftover waffles are crispy on the outside and heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Other Breakfast Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Jelly Donuts
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Toaster Strudels in the Air Fryer
- 30 Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- 4 frozen Eggo waffles
- Butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or your favorite waffle toppings
- Place frozen waffles in the air fryer basket. They can overlap a little bit!
- Air fry waffles in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3 minutes, flip, then cook for another 1-2 minutes until crispy to your liking. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
How to reheat waffles:
1. Place waffles in your air fryer.
2. Heat at 360 degrees until hot & crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.