Ditch the toaster and try making a toaster strudel in the air fryer! Each pastry turns out super light with a warm, gooey center you won’t be able to resist. Drizzle with icing, and enjoy!
I love giving some of my beloved childhood foods an air fryer upgrade. That’s what led me to try making toaster strudel in the air fryer, and now, it’s one of my family’s favorite breakfasts!
The pastry stays super light and gets beautifully toasted on both sides, while the fruit filling turns out irresistibly warm and gooey. And of course, who could forget that sweet icing drizzle?
I knew these would be good in the air fryer, but I had no idea they would be flat out amazing!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make frozen toaster strudels in the air fryer in 6 minutes
- Tips for making the best air fryer toaster strudel
- Different flavors of toaster strudel to try
- What to serve with this delicious breakfast
- How to find the ideal amount of time to cook toaster strudel in the air fryer
This air fryer recipe is perfect if you want to indulge your nostalgia but don’t have a toaster oven. Honestly, even if you have a toaster oven, you must try the air fryer version.
It’s the kind of breakfast that will have you jumping out of bed in the morning!
How to Make Toaster Strudel in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the frozen toaster strudel in your air fryer.
STEP TWO: Cook at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes.
STEP THREE: Remove from the air fryer, drizzle icing on top, and enjoy!
How Do Frozen Toaster Strudels Taste in the Air Fryer?
Even better than I remember them tasting as a kid! The air fryer cooking method works so well to get the light, flaky texture outside of the pastry.
It also heats the gooey fruit-filling on the inside beautifully.
Seriously, every bite is divine. And once you add the icing drizzle, you won’t be able to resist this breakfast treat!
Recipe Tips for Toaster Strudel in the Air Fryer
- Keep in mind that the cooking time might vary slightly based on the size and brand of your air fryer. Check on the toaster strudels in the air fryer around the 5 minute mark and continue cooking until they’re heated all the way through.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Leave a little room between each toaster strudel.
- There’s no need to grease your air fryer, and the oil in the pastry will keep it from sticking.
- Make sure to apply the drizzle after the toaster strudels have finished air frying. If you ice them before cooking, the heat from the air fryer will cause the icing to melt off.
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel Flavors to Try
- Boston Cream Pie
- Cinnamon Roll
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Cream Cheese & Strawberry
- Golden Grahams
What to Serve With a Toaster Strudel
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Fried Egg in the Air Fryer
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
How Long to Cook a Toaster Strudel in the Air Fryer
The ideal cooking time is going to depend on your size and brand of an air fryer. I find that 6 minutes is perfect, but you may need to cook yours for a minute less or more.
You want to ensure the filling is hot and the pastry is crispy.
Also, remember that these instructions are for frozen Pillsbury toaster strudels, although they should work for any frozen brand.
If you make homemade toaster strudels, those will require a different cooking time and temperature.
Can I Reheat Them?
I recommend only making as many as you need. Otherwise, the icing will melt off when you try reheating toaster strudels in the air fryer.
If you do find yourself with extras, that’s okay! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and when you’re ready to eat them, reheat them at 320 degrees F for a few minutes.
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Jelly Donuts
- Air Fryer Uncrustables
- Toast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- 1 Package of Toaster Strudel with icing
- Place your frozen toaster strudel into your air fryer.
- Cook it at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. The size and brand of your air fryer will vary this time slightly.
- Remove from your air fryer, drizzle icing over it, and serve.
There is no need to preheat your air fryer or grease it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.