Savory, juicy, and crispy all in one roll! These bacon wrapped hot dogs in the air fryer are a masterpiece, especially for meat lovers – top them with your favorites, throw them on a bun, and enjoy!
I firmly believe that there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing. These bacon-wrapped hot dogs are air fryer friendly, quick, and foolproof, and an absolute prime example!
Bacon and hot dogs each have a ton of flavor on their own. Put them together and cook them to crispy perfection!
The only thing that would make this recipe better would be some melty cheese and tasty hot dog toppings… so we added those, too!
You know your family best, so grab all of the fixings you need and have them ready for topping as soon as these air fryer bacon wrapped hot dogs are done!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make bacon wrapped hot dogs the air fryer way!
- Some of the best toppings you’ll want to have on standby for serving.
- Best practices for frying, storing, and reheating.
This bacon wrapped hot dogs air fryer recipe is truly very easy – you’ll get it on the first try! And with perfectly crispy bacon, succulent hot dogs, and a slathering of the best toppings, you’ll want to make it again and again!
How to make Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Wrap 1 ½ to 2 pieces of bacon around a hot dog – do so tightly, and allow the edges of the bacon to overlap slightly. Slide a toothpick through the ends of the bacon where the pieces overlap to secure them to the hotdog. Repeat with each.
STEP TWO: Allow the air fryer to preheat to 400 degrees F. Arrange the hot dogs in an even layer with none of them touching.
STEP THREE: Cook the hot dogs in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes. Flip at the halfway point, at around 7 minutes, to promote even cooking. Once the bacon is crisped and cooked to your liking, they’re done!
STEP FOUR: Carefully remove from the air fryer. Let them cool for a few minutes before removing the toothpicks and serving.
What Are the Best Toppings For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs?
Any toppings that you like! Really, the sky’s the limit for these. Your classic ketchup and mustard are perfect to use, but we’d also recommend trying:
How Long Do Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Last?
It’s best to consume leftovers within 4 days. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator – we find it convenient to store any leftovers in a Ziploc bag, as they’re often cooked all at once the next day.
Because this recipe is quick and involves few ingredients, we do not recommend freezing.
Reheat leftovers in the air fryer the same way they were initially cooked.
Warm at a slightly lower temperature, closer to 350 degrees F, and cook until the bacon crisps back up and the whole dog is warmed through the center.
What’s the Best Bacon to Use For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs?
Any variety of bacon can be used in this recipe, even meatless alternatives. Be sure to account for changes in texture and flavor.
For example, turkey bacon does not crisp the same way that pork does and could lead to an overall chewy texture.
Additionally, do not use pre-cooked bacon. Raw bacon will cook through just fine in the air fryer, but pre-cooked will end up tough.
Finally, avoid thick cut slices that may not cook through all the way and will take too long to crisp in comparison to the hot dog.
More Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
How Do I Keep Bacon From Unwrapping Around the Hotdog?
Make sure to use enough bacon. You’ll need at least one and a half slices to wrap around the hot dog – you may even need two.
Stick a toothpick through the edges of the bacon slices, where the pieces overlap, until it comes out the other side of the hot dog.
If you don’t have any toothpicks on hand, then make sure the places where the slices overlap are all on one side of the dog and place that side down in the air fryer for the first half of cooking.
The edges should cook together and remain even after flipping.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chili Cheese Dogs
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 4 hot dogs
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, mustard, relish, BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, sauerkraut, or your favorite hot dog toppings
- Tightly wrap 1 ½ to 2 whole pieces of bacon around each hot dog so the edges of the bacon just barely overlap. Secure the ends of the bacon with toothpicks.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the wrapped hotdogs in an even layer in the basket. Air fry them for 12-15 minutes, flipping them once after about 7 minutes until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy to your liking.
- Carefully remove the hot dogs and allow them to cool for a couple of minutes until you’re able to touch them. Remove the toothpicks and serve in buns with your favorite condiments.
How to reheat bacon wrapped hotdogs:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Add hot dogs to the basket and heat until they are hot all the way through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1694mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.