This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
This Ninja Foodi chili is hearty, delicious, and comes together right in the pot for super easy prep and clean-up! Just add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
As soon as we get that first crisp fall day, I immediately start craving soups, stews, and chilis. There’s just something so cozy about digging into a big bowl of comfort like this Ninja Foodi chili!
If you ask me, it’s the best way to warm up on a cold day.
And thanks to the Ninja Foodi, it’s also so easy to make! You’ll sauté the ground beef right in the Ninja Foodi pot, add the rest of the ingredients, then let it pressure cook to perfection.
It couldn’t be simpler!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make chili in the Ninja Foodi
- How to make Instant Pot chili using the same recipe
- How to store leftover chili
- What to do if you prefer a spicier or milder chili
- Topping ideas for your perfect bowl of chili
I like to use 93/7 ground beef so the dish is nice and lean, but you could use any kind of ground beef you like. With so many delicious and hearty ingredients, it’s hard to go wrong with this recipe!
Love your Ninja Foodi? Here is a list of the best Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Recipes out there!
How to Make Ninja Foodi Chili
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Press the sauté button on the Ninja Foodi, then add and sauté the hamburger meat on high until browned.
STEP TWO: Remove the inner pot and drain the grease.
STEP THREE: Replace the pot with the browned meat to the Ninja Foodi base. Add the chopped onions, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper then stir to combine.
STEP FOUR: Drain a little liquid from the pinto beans and kidney beans, then add them to the pot. No need to rinse the beans.
STEP FIVE: Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chopped jalapeños, then stir until everything is well combined.
STEP SIX: Choose the pressure cooker lid and attach it securely.
STEP SEVEN: Turn the steam valve nozzle to “seal” and cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes. When the cooking time is finished, allow it to do a natural steam release for about 4 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Manually release the rest of the steam, then remove the lid carefully and stir.
STEP NINE: Divide into bowls, add any desired toppings, and enjoy!
Can I Use Ground Turkey in this Ninja Foodi Chili Recipe?
You bet! You can use any kind of ground meat you like. A few other options would be ground chicken, ground pork, chorizo, or a blend of your favorites!
Whichever meat you choose, just make sure that it’s fully browned during the sauté process. Besides that, everything else about the recipe will stay the same.
Can I Use an Instant Pot to Make This Recipe Instead?
You bet! You can follow this recipe exactly to make Instant Pot chili.
Both use the saute and pressure cooker functions and I’ve found this chili recipe cooks great in both the Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot!
Can I Freeze Leftover Chili?
Chili will keep very well in the freezer. It’s so nice to have on-hand when you want something tasty but just don’t feel like cooking.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container, then keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, for shorter storage, you could keep your leftovers in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
What Can I Serve with Ninja Foodi Chili?
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
How to Make Ninja Foodi Chili Spicier or Milder
The combination of the chili powder, black pepper, garlic, and jalapeño adds just a tiny kick. However, if you prefer a very mild chili, you can cut back on the chili powder and replace the jalapeño with bell pepper.
On the other hand, if you love your chili spicy, consider adding some hot sauce into the mix. Ground cayenne pepper would also give it some extra heat!
Also, remember the membranes inside the jalapeño peppers are what make them spicy! Keep the membranes or remove them as best as you can depending on how spicy you like your chili!
Can I Cook This Recipe in a Slow Cooker Instead?
You bet! This process can be easily modified for slow cooker chili.
The only difference is that the ground beef will need to be cooked in a frying pan first.
Once browned and drained, add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker, then cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Topping Ideas for Chili
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado Lime Crema
- Green onion
- Hot sauce
- Pickled jalapeños
- Tortilla strips
- Sour cream
Other Ninja Foodi Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 can pinto beans (15.5 ounce)
- 1 can kidney beans (15.5 ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, chopped
- Start by sautéing the ground beef. To do this turn the Ninja Foodi on and press the sauté button. Sauté the hamburger meat on high until browned.
- Remove the inner pot & drain the grease from the hamburger meat. Replace the pot with the browned meat to the Ninja Foodi base, add in the chopped onions, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
- Stir, then add the pinto beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chopped jalapenos. You can drain a little bit of the liquid off the beans before adding them in. No need to rinse them. Stir.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on securely. (This is not the attached lid but, the second lid that it comes with). Turn the steam valve nozzle to “seal” and cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes.
- All the Ninja Foodi to do a natural steam release for about 4 minutes then do a manual release to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid carefully, stir, then pour into bowls and add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 29g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.