Dinner is saved with this Ninja Foodi frozen chicken breast recipe. Thanks to the air crisp function, you’ll get perfectly cooked and crispy chicken from frozen in no time!
Forgot to get chicken out of the freezer for dinner? No problem! With this easy Ninja Foodi frozen chicken breast recipe, you can cook tender chicken from frozen in a snap!
The Ninja Foodi’s air crisp function is perfect for cooking frozen foods without drying them out. And thanks to the seasoned oil we rub on the chicken, they get a beautiful crisp on the outside with tasty flavor in every bite!
Once the chicken is seasoned and cooking, you only have to flip it once. That leaves plenty of time to throw together any sides you want to enjoy with dinner so you’ll be ready to serve as soon as the chicken breasts are done.
When you need a quick and easy meal that doesn’t require much hands-on prep, frozen chicken in the Ninja Foodi will save the day. Keep this recipe handy the next time you want a quick and healthy lunch or weeknight dinner!
I used the Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How to Make Ninja Foodi Frozen Chicken Breast
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and oil.
STEP TWO: Rub each frozen chicken breast with the seasoned oil.
STEP THREE: Place the chicken in the Ninja Foodi air fryer basket.
STEP FOUR: Air crisp for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is at least 165 degrees F.
What to Serve with Ninja Foodi Frozen Chicken Breast
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Cajun Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Breast in the Ninja Foodi
The most important part about cooking chicken is making sure it’s cooked all the way through and that the internal temperature has reached at least 165 degrees F. If you have an Instant Read Thermometer, this is a great place to use it!
The total cooking time will depend somewhat on the make and model of your air fryer, but mostly on the size of the chicken breast. Chicken breasts can vary a ton, and because we’re starting from frozen, you won’t have the option to pound them down.
If you’re starting with a very large breast, especially if it’s very thick, you may want to increase the cooking time to about 30 minutes total.
You can still flip at the 15 minute mark, then let it continue cooking for 15 minutes.
For extra large chicken breasts, you may need as long as 35 minutes total.
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Chicken in the Ninja Foodi
- Choose chicken breasts that are similar in size. If one is much smaller than the other, it will air fry faster, and you could risk it being overdone while the bigger breast is still cooking all the way through.
- Mix the seasoning and the oil very well! You don’t want any clumps of seasoning.
- Leave some space between the two chicken breasts in the basket so the air can properly circulate around each one.
- Spread the seasoned oil evenly over the chicken, being sure to coat all sides. This is what will give it a crispy and flavorful exterior!
- Remember to flip the chicken breast halfway through to help it cook evenly on all sides.
- Let the chicken breasts rest for about 5 minutes before slicing so they can reabsorb all their juices and won’t dry out.
More Delicious Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs
- Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Frozen Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Cod in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Steak in the Air Fryer
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and oil.
- Rub each frozen chicken breast with the seasoned oil.
- Place the chicken into the air fryer basket and air crisp for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F, flip and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is at least 165 F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 56g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.