Need a fast and healthy dinner? Learn how to make frozen cod in the air fryer in just 20 minutes! This delicious dish is low carb, keto friendly, and easy.
Forgot to get the cod out of the freezer to thaw overnight? No problem! Just wait until you see how easy it is to make delicious frozen cod in the air fryer!
This tasty dish is keto-friendly, super easy, and ready in just 20 minutes. Plus the blackening seasoning adds a mouthwatering flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
When it comes to busy weeknights, easy recipes with minimal prep are a lifesaver. My favorite part about this dish is that you add the seasoning while the fillets are still frozen, so after that, it’s just about letting the air fryer work its magic!
Breaded fish is delicious, but if you’re looking for something lower in carbs, this no breading recipe is the way to go. Let’s see how to use the air fryer to cook delicious cod from frozen!
How to Make Frozen Cod in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, combine the blackening seasoning ingredients and whisk well.
STEP TWO: Rub oil on the frozen fish, then rub 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning on the fillets immediately.
STEP THREE: Place the cod pieces in a single layer in the basket.
STEP FOUR: Air fry at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Turn the heat up to 370 degrees F and air fry for 8-10 minutes.
STEP SIX: Flip the fish and air fry for 2-4 additional minutes until the fish is fully cooked and opaque.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Cod
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Corn Casserole Without Sour Cream
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
How Long to Cook Frozen Cod Fillets in the Air Fryer
I always recommend cooking fish until it flakes easily with a fork, and the same is true for air fryer cod. You want the fish to be firm and opaque all the way through without becoming dry.
You can also use an Instant Read Thermometer to check the internal temperature. The FDA says cod should be cooked until a thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the fillet reads 145 degrees F.
Tips for Making the Air Fryer Frozen Cod Fillets
- Add the blackening seasoning to the frozen fish fillets immediately after adding the oil. This will help it stick and allow the fish to absorb as much of the delicious flavor as it cooks as possible.
- If you have extra blackening seasoning, store it in a small container for future use.
- Lay the frozen fish fillets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding the basket so the hot air can properly circulate.
- Flip the cod fillets with 2-4 minutes left in the cooking time to help them cook evenly on all sides.
- Use a fork to check that the cod flakes easily to know when it’s fully cooked.
More Frozen Air Fryer Fish Recipes
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Frozen Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Steak in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- 2 frozen cod loin filets
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, combine blackening seasoning ingredients and whisk well.
- Rub oil on the frozen fish, then rub 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning on immediately. Store additional seasoning in a small container for future use.
- Place the cod pieces in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes. Turn the heat up to 370 degrees F and air fry for 8-10 minutes. Flip the fish and air fry for 2-4 additional minutes until the fish is fully cooked and opaque.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 800mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 54g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.