Go from freezer to table in just 15 minutes when you make frozen crinkle cut fries in the air fryer! This quick and easy side is perfect for busy weeknights and oh-so-delicious.
Need a quick and easy side the whole family will love? You have to try making a batch of frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer!
I always have a bag of Ore Ida crinkle cut fries hanging out in the back of my freezer. Thanks to the air fryer, I can have them ready to serve in just 15 minutes.
It’s the perfect amount of time to get everyone’s favorite dipping sauces ready!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make crinkle cut fries in the air fryer
- Tips and tricks if you like your wavy cut fries extra crispy
- Some of the best dipping sauces to serve with your fries
- The easy way to reheat crinkle cut fries in the air fryer, so they’re just as crispy as when you first made them
Who doesn’t love hot and fresh fries? When they’re crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside, it’s hard to stop eating them!
From casual meals like burgers or sandwiches to fancier dinners like fish or steak, they’re the perfect side for pretty much anything!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place a single layer of frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer basket. Some overlap is okay.
STEP THREE: Cook for 6 minutes, then shake the basket, so they are evenly cooked.
STEP FOUR: Cook for at least 6 more minutes and up to 10 more minutes, depending on your desired level of crispiness.
How Long to Cook Frozen Crinkle Fries in the Air Fryer?
The exact time will vary based on the size and brand of your air fryer as well as the fries themselves.
When I make Ore Ida crinkle fries in my 5-8 quart air fryer, 12-16 minutes is the perfect amount of time.
I would recommend testing your fries around the 12-minute mark to see if they’re done to your liking.
If they’re not quite crispy enough, just let them keep cooking until they reach your ideal level of crispiness!
What Temperature Do You Cook Crinkle Fries in an Air Fryer?
Whenever I make thicker air fryer frozen fries like this recipe or my criss cut fries, I find that 400 degrees F is the ideal temperature.
This gets the outside perfectly golden while heating the insides all the way through.
You never want to cook them at too high of a temp, otherwise, you can scorch the outsides without heating the insides enough.
But if the temp is too low, they won’t get that golden exterior. 400 degrees F is a great happy medium!
Best Brands to Make Extra Crispy Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
I almost always make Ore Ida crinkle fries in the air fryer, but there are plenty of other brands you can use! Kroger or Walmart also make delicious frozen crinkle cut fries.
If you use Nathan’s jumbo crinkle cut fries or another brand of larger fries, keep in mind that these will take a little longer to cook.
I’d start with about 15 minutes total, making sure to check on them until they’re crispy on the outside and hot all the way through.
Tips for Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries in the Air Fryer
- To make the crinkle fries extra crispy, cook for 7-10 more minutes after shaking the basket.
- You can also spray the fries with cooking spray after shaking the basket to help them get even crispier.
- Some overlap in the basket is okay, but you want the fries to be in a single layer so they’ll cook evenly. In my large 5-8 quart air fryer, one batch was about ½ of a 32-ounce bag.
What to Serve with Crinkle Cut Fries
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Beyond Burger in the Air Fryer
- Carne Asada Quesadilla
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
Dipping Sauces to Try
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island
Do I need to Use Oil When Cooking Frozen Crinkle Fries in the Air Fryer?
Nope, no oil necessary! Frozen products like crinkle cut fries already have oil in the coating, which will prevent them from sticking.
However, if you want your fries to be extra crispy, you can give them a spritz when you shake the basket at the halfway point.
How to Reheat Crinkle Cut Fries in the Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover crinkle fries in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until heated through and crispy.
Other Air Fryer Fries Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Curly Fries in the Air Fryer
- Steak Fries in the Air Fryer
- 32 ounce bag of Ore Ida Crinkle Fries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place a single layer of fries in the basket, some overlap will be okay.
- Cook for 6 minutes and then shake the basket, so they are evenly cooked. Cook for an additional 6 minutes. To make them extra crispy, you may need 1-3 minutes more.
- Remove the crinkles fries from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to reheat fries:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Add the leftover crinkle fries to your air fryer.
3. Air fry for 5-7 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.