The rich filling in this air fryer stuffed chicken breast makes it elegant enough for entertaining guests, but it’s still easy enough to whip up for a quick weeknight dinner!
Because chicken breast is such a lean protein, I love recipes that balance it out with something rich and creamy. Maybe that’s why I can’t get enough of this air fryer stuffed chicken breast!
Butterflied chicken breasts are filled with a creamy mixture of cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic, spinach, and roasted red peppers, then cooked in the air fryer to tender and juicy perfection! Even with prep and cook time, this indulgent dish can be ready in about half an hour.
And if you love stuffed foods, try our Air Fryer Stuffed Pork Chops recipe here!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make delicious spinach stuffed chicken breast in the air fryer
- How to stuff a chicken breast
- Tips for making the best air fryer stuffed chicken breast
- How to use the air fryer to cook store-bought frozen stuffed chicken breast
- My favorite way to reheat leftovers
This recipe is elegant enough to serve when you’re entertaining guests, but still easy enough to whip up when you want a quick weeknight dinner as well! And once you try a bite, you might find yourself looking for any reason to make it again.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Season your chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, roasted red peppers, mayo, and garlic for the filling.
STEP THERE: In another small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
STEP FOUR: Butterfly each chicken breast by laying it flat, then cutting into it lengthwise until you reach about ¾ of the way through.
STEP FIVE: Lay your chicken breast open and season with ½ to 1 teaspoon of the seasoning. Next, spread about a ½ cup of the spinach and cheese mixture on one side of the cut.
STEP SIX: Fold your chicken breast over, then insert toothpicks along the seam to hold in the filling. Sprinkle any additional seasoning over the top of the chicken.
STEP SEVEN: Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil or spray with nonstick spray. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP EIGHT: Lay as many breasts as you can fit in a single layer in the basket. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Other Stuffed Air Fryer Recipes:
How Long to Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
You always want to cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. For this recipe, that usually takes between 15 and 18 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breast.
I always recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer for the most accurate timing. It takes all the guesswork out of cooking chicken!
How to Stuff a Chicken Breast
The most important part of stuffing a chicken breast is butterflying the meat. This means laying a raw chicken breast flat, then cutting horizontally through the long end of the chicken. Make sure you don’t slice it all the way through!
This technique will allow you to open up the chicken breast, add the stuffing, then close the breast over it again. Because you didn’t slice it all the way through, you only have to secure the open end with toothpicks to keep the filling from melting out.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Easy Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Ninja Foodi Rice
And try out these other Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes!
Tips for Making the Best Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Use a sharp knife to make butterflying the chicken breasts quick and easy.
- Use at least 2 or 3 toothpicks to skewer the open end of the chicken together to keep the filling from oozing out as it melts.
- If you can’t fit all 3 spinach stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer, cook them in batches. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket or you risk the chicken cooking unevenly.
How to Cook Frozen Stuffed Chicken in the Air Fryer
If you’d rather skip the prep work, brands like Barber Foods make pre-made frozen stuffed chicken breasts you can buy from the store. And just like the homemade version, they turn out delicious when cooked in the air fryer!
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Lay as many frozen stuffed chicken breasts as you can fit in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook for 15 to 17 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
How to Reheat Stuffed Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Place your leftover stuffed chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes until warmed through.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs with Honey Soy Marinade
- Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Frozen Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Breasts
And try out these other Air Fryer Chicken recipes too!
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
This air fryer stuffed chicken breast is elegant enough for entertaining guests, and easy enough to whip up for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of parmesan
- 3 tablespoon diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (1 to 2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine your filling: cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, mayo, garlic, spinach and roasted red peppers.
- Combine your seasonings: paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Filet your chicken breast lengthwise, without cutting all the way through. Lay your chicken breast open and season with ½ to 1 teaspoon of the seasoning. Then spread about ½ cup of the spinach and cheese mixture on one side. Fold your chicken breast over and then piece toothpicks along the seam to try and keep as much spinach and cheese inside as it cooks. Sprinkle the top of your chicken with additional seasoning.
- Brush olive oil in your air fryer basket, as the nonstick spray is shown to cause your basket to wear faster. Preheat your air fryer at 380 degrees F.
- Then lay two breasts in at a time, cooking in batches if you cannot fit all 3. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes till a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
HOW TO REHEAT AIR FRYER STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
Place your stuffed chicken in the basket and cook at 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes until warmed.
HOW TO COOK FROZEN STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE AIR FRYER:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
2. Heat precooked frozen stuffed chicken breasts in the air fryer for 15 to 17 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 50g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
3 thoughts on “Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast”
Chicken recipe sounds delicious. Looking forward to seeing new recipes
I am always curious about the information that is and isn’t given with air fryer recipes. All the time the model of air fryer is given; what someone used when they made their recipe. I am wondering why more pertinent information isn‘t given? Meaning that the wattage and time would be more relevant to compare with the wattage of air fryer I am using, or anyone else? A person could more accurately determine a time and temperature for their air fryer when they decide to use the recipe. Any input would be appreciated…really.
Hi David, the wattage will help determine how fast the air fryer will preheat, but not help with how long it will cook. It’s more about how efficient the air circulation is when it comes to the recipe. I specify the air fryer I use in the recipe mainly because this is a question I get asked a lot because I love the air fryer and it works really well.