Sink into the warm comfort of chicken pot pie with biscuits. It’s like a warm hug on your plate — wholesome, satisfying, and oh so delicious.
Craving comfort in a dish? Look no further than the delightful chicken pot pie with biscuits. This hearty classic combines the goodness of tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and a rich cream of chicken soup, all tucked under a blanket of flaky biscuits. It’s a simple pleasure that warms your soul without a hassle.
This homemade chicken pot pie recipe with biscuits is a restaurant-like dish without the fuss. Using canned biscuit dough saves so much prep time, and they become golden and irresistible when baked.
It’s as easy as pie (pun intended)! Perfect for both busy weekdays and laid-back weekends, the chicken pot pie with Grands biscuits is an easy way to satisfy your craving for comfort food. Whether you’re hosting a family dinner or looking to unwind after a long day, this dish hits the spot.
Pillsbury biscuit chicken pot pie embodies the essence of comfort without too much difficulty, delivering a satisfying experience that wraps you in a warm, delicious embrace.
How to Make this Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Biscuits
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish using oil or non-stick spray.
STEP TWO: Mix cubed or shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, thawed frozen vegetables, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Make sure you stir everything around well so the ingredients are well combined.
STEP THREE: Spread the pot pie filling evenly in the greased baking dish using a wooden spoon or spatula.
STEP FOUR: Cut each of the canned biscuits into 4 pieces, then place the biscuits on top of the chicken mix.
STEP FIVE: Bake the dish at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and chicken mix is bubbly.
STEP SIX: After baking, let the casserole cool for 10-12 minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious homemade meal!
What to Serve With Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
- Texas Toast
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Lava Cake
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Variations for Pillsbury Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- Use frozen Pillsbury biscuits in place of the refrigerated canned version. Just thaw them in the refrigerator first.
- Bring a lighter and dairy-free touch by using chicken broth instead of cream-based soup.
- Swap garlic powder for minced garlic to infuse your dish with a savory punch.
- To create a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and opt for condensed vegetable soup instead.
- Brush the biscuit pieces with olive oil or melted butter before baking for added flavor.
- Mix up your veggies — green beans and corn bring a fresh combination to the table.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Pasta Bake
- Baked Split Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Shake and Bake Chicken in the Air Fryer
How To Prevent Biscuits From Browning Too Fast
If you notice the biscuits getting a little too golden too soon, no worries! Grab some foil and gently cover the dish for the final 10-15 minutes of baking.
And if the top of your chicken pot pie with biscuits looks too blonde at the end, switch on the broiler and it will be golden in a minute or two!
Why Do You Not Use a Bottom Crust on This Pot Pie?
Since biscuits bake up much thicker than a traditional pie crust, a layer on the bottom would mess up the ratio of fluffy dough and filling.
Instead, you’ll get the perfect balance in every spoonful when you dig into this casserole version!
What Should I Do If The Chicken Pot Pie Is Too Soupy?
Chicken pot pie with biscuits will thicken as it cools, so just give it some time.
To ensure a thicker texture, stir in a mixture of one tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in one tablespoon of water before baking.
More Comfort Foods
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
- Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Green Bean Casserole Without Mushroom Soup
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and then grease a 8x8-inch baking dish with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed or shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, thawed mixed vegetables, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir them really well to make sure all the ingredients are evenly combined and coated.
- Pour the pot pie filling into the greased baking dish, and spread it out evenly using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Separate and cut each of the Grands biscuits into 4 pieces and place them on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake your chicken pot pie casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are fully cooked, golden brown and the chicken mixture is bubbly.
- Remove your casserole dish from the oven and let it cool for about 10-12 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.