I love a good game day snack and these Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos are the best around.
They’re so easy to make, pop in the air fryer, and eat as finger food during football or any sports game.
Join our new FREE Air Fryer Facebook Community to gain access to exclusive recipes, tips, and content!
We even enjoy them time and time again as a side dish with our family dinners. The recipe is completely keto-friendly and kid-friendly for those who do and don’t like spicy foods with a pro tip included.
If you love these, you will love cooking frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer too!
How to Cut the Jalapeno Peppers
First, cut the stem off each jalapeno pepper. Try to stay as close to the stem as possible since the edge will help create a boat to keep the filling inside.
Then cut the jalapeno pepper open lengthwise. I like to wear gloves whenever cutting jalapenos. The oils from inside the pepper
Take out all the membrane and seeds from the jalapeno peppers. I use a small pairing knife to cut slightly around the membrane then pull it from the pepper with either a small spoon or my hand.
If you like your air fryer jalapeno poppers a little more on the spicy side, leave some of the membranes inside the pepper.
The membrane is the part of the pepper that contains the spicy heat. Completely removing the membrane will not remove all the heat but will tone down the spiciness quite a bit.
Set peppers aside.
PRO TIP: If you want to make this recipe for those who don’t enjoy spicy foods, mini sweet peppers work great. They’re about the same size as a jalapeno but have absolutely no spice level to them.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
I suggest using room temperature cream cheese. If you’re using cold cream cheese, place it in a microwaveable bowl for about 15-20 seconds to warm it up slightly. This will allow you to mix it easier.
STEP TWO: Spoon the cream cheese filling into the jalapenos with a small spoon. Use just enough to fill the jalapeno pepper without overfilling. Overfilling the pepper with cream cheese will cause it to spill out when wrapping it with bacon.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer by turning it to 350 for 3 minutes. Although preheating is not mandatory for cooking air fryer food, I find the food takes less time to cook and tastes better after preheating it.
You can read more about preheating your air fryer here.
STEP FOUR: Take the thinly sliced bacon and cut each slice into 2. You can keep it in 1 slice if you would like, but ½ a slice will be enough to wrap around the stuffed jalapenos.
STEP FIVE: Place the air fryer bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos into the air fryer in a single layer. Do not let any of them touch each other or it can interfere with the bacon cooking evenly.
STEP SIX: Cook at 350 for 14-16 minutes until bacon is fully cooked then enjoy immediately.
How Long Do You Cook Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers?
This Air Fryer
Cooking at a higher temperature will cause the cream cheese filling to cook too fast and it may burn while the bacon still isn’t cooked thoroughly.
It’s important to keep an eye on the air fryer jalapeno poppers as they cook. Since each air fryer cooks at a different speed (just as ovens do), it’s important to make sure your food is cooking at a good rate.
Air Fryers are specifically designed to be opened in the middle of cooking for a minute to either shake and/or check the food when needed.
If you notice the cream cheese filling or roasted jalapenos becoming brown too fast, turn your air fryer down 20 degrees and cook from there.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love:
- Air Fryer Game Day Snacks
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Bell Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 50+ Air Fryer Keto Recipes
More from Everyday Family Cooking
- 12 Jalapenos
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature or slightly soft
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 slices of bacon, thinly cut
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the jalapenos in half, remove the stems, and remove the seeds and membranes. The more membrane you leave, the spicier the jalapenos will be.
- Add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the cream mixture into each jalapeno filling it just to the top.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for about 3 minutes.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Wrap each jalapeno half in one piece of bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos in the air fryer in an even layer making sure they do not touch.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes, until bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days, reheating before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.