Air Fryer Taquitos are cooked using frozen taquitos for a crispy and delicious snack and appetizer!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy game day snack or just something to munch on at dinner or midnigher, air fried taquitos are it.
They’re like rolled tacos that are already filled and frozen. They just need to be heated up and dipped in your favorite dip (ideas below) and you’ve got yourself a delicious and crispy appetizer.
You can choose between air fryer chicken taquitos and beef taquitos for your preferred flavors.
Whether you love making El Monterey taquitos in the air fryer or have a thing for Jose Ole Taquitos in th air fryer, these directions work for both!
How to Cook Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen taquitos in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until fully heated.
- Carefully remove the taquitos from the air fryer and enjoy!
Tips for Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
- Preheat your air fryer — this gets that crispy and golden brown outside while heating the inside up evenly
- Keep some space between each frozen taquito and cook them in a single layer — this allows for more air flow and lets them cook evenly
- Cook in multiple batches if you need to air fry taquitos in a large quantity
- Use your favorite kind of taquitos — air fryer chicken taquitos and beef taquitos all taste great!
How Long to Cook Taquitos in the Air Fryer
Air frying taquitos takes just 4 to 5 minutes when using frozen taquitos in a preheated air fryer.
Homemade taquitos and flautas cooking time will be a bit different. See my homemade air fryer flautas recipe for directions to cook from scratch.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Taquitos
- Mango Habanero Salsa with Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Mexican Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Mexican Rice
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Empanadas
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Rice
- Air Fryer Asparagus
The Best Brands of Frozen Taquitos
Most frozen taquitos brands out there are pretty good, but I’ve found some pack in more meat and cheese inside the corn tortillas, making it taste just that much better. Some are also available as flautas with flour tortillas.
Here are my favorites for making frozen taquitos in the air fryer:
- Jose Ole’s
- El Monterey
How to Store Air Fryer Taquitos After Cooking
These air fryer frozen taquitos can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat them using the directions below when ready to eat.
Best Toppings for Taquitos
- Avocado Crema
- Sour Cream with a little mild taco seasoning
- Cheese sauce
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
- Sriracha Mayo
- Hot Sauce
How to Reheat Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place them in the air fryer and air fry taquitos for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the taquitos from the air fryer and enjoy!
More Easy Recipes Like This one
- Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Carne Asada Quesadillas
- Taco Lasagna
- Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
More Frozen Air Fryer Snacks
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Empanadas
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
- 6 taquitos (any flavor)
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Place the taquitos inside the air fryer and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove taquitos from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to Reheat Taquitos in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook taquitos for 2-3 minutes until warmed, then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.