Up your dessert game with delicious air fryer peanut butter cookies ready in less than 20 minutes!
Did you know it’s super easy to make air fryer peanut butter cookies? You can whip up these timeless classics in less than 20 minutes!
The air fryer makes baking cookies a breeze. Even clean-up is super easy since you’ll line the basket with parchment paper.
You’re just going to love the rich taste of peanut butter you get in every bite!
Whether you’re making dessert for the family, need something sweet for a potluck, or just want to treat yourself, these yummy cookies are always a crowd-pleaser.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
STEP TWO: In a separate large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, and sugar. Mix in the egg until smooth.
STEP THREE: Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until the flour is incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the air fryer to 340 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment, then drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2” apart on the parchment. Use a fork to press the dough to ½” thick.
STEP SIX: Air fry for 5-6 minutes or until the cookies are just golden on top.
STEP SEVEN: Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the air fryer.
Tips for Making the Best Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
- Soften the butter to room temperature to help your cookie dough blend smoothly.
- Stir the batter until the flour is completely incorporated.
- Pressing the cookie dough with a fork helps the cookies bake evenly and gives them that classic peanut butter cookie look.
- Leave space around each cookie so the air can properly circulate and bake the cookies evenly.
- Parchment paper is your friend for preventing the cookies from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Let the cookies rest in the air fryer for at least 5 minutes before removing them so they don’t fall apart.
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Variations for Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Add chocolate chips or chunks for a delightful chocolate-peanut butter combo!
- Use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth for a bit of extra texture in every bite.
- Stir in some rolled oats for a chewy, heartier version.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top before air frying for a sweet and salty twist.
- Try almond or cashew butter as an alternative for a different nutty flavor.
How Long to Cook Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
It only takes 5-6 minutes for peanut butter cookies to bake in the air fryer. You want them to be just golden on top.
Don’t forget to let them rest for 5 minutes!
Can You Make Cookies in the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a great way to bake cookies! Once you learn how to make cookies in the air fryer, you’ll want to use this easy method all the time.
Do You Need Parchment Paper for Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Parchment paper is safe to use in the air fryer and is a great way to prevent your cookies from sticking. It also makes cleanup a breeze!
Why Do You Press Peanut Butter Cookies with a Fork?
You’ve probably noticed the unique fork pattern on the top of traditional peanut butter cookies. But this tactic is about more than just appearance!
Because peanut butter cookie dough is very dense, pressing the dough with a fork helps the cookies bake all the way through.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- Peanut Butter Pie With Cool Whip
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, and sugar.
- Mix in the egg until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until the flour is incorporated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 340 degrees F.
- Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment, then drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2” apart on the parchment and use a fork to press the dough to ½” thick.
- Air fryer for 5-6 minutes or until the cookies are just golden on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.