Air fryer brownies are about to become your new favorite dessert! Skip the boxed mix and treat the whole family to these decadent but oh-so-easy brownies from scratch.
When you’re in the mood for a warm, decadent treat, air fryer brownies are the best way to satisfy that chocolate craving!
Best of all, they’re ready in just 35 minutes, and you don’t even have to turn on your oven.
These brownies are rich, moist, and just as easy to make as brownies made from a homemade mix. Plus, you’ll earn extra brownie points with the family for making them from scratch.
Did I mention that you only need 8 fridge – and pantry – staple ingredients? There’s a good chance you already have everything you need.
You could be enjoying a gooey, fudgy air fryer brownie in no time!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder: Unsweetened
- Egg: at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
How to Make Air Fryer Brownies
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Lightly grease a small heat-safe pan that fits in your air fryer with cooking spray. Set aside.
STEP TWO: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter in 30-second 50% power increments, stirring occasionally until smooth.
STEP THREE: Whisk in the cocoa powder and set aside to cool.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F while you make the batter.
STEP FIVE: In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Add the warm chocolate mixture and whisk well.
STEP FIVE: Add flour and salt and fold in with a spatula until just combined. Sprinkle the top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
STEP SIX: Pour batter into the prepared pan and place it in the air fryer basket.
STEP SEVEN: Air fry for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the outer edges comes out with dry crumbs. The center will still be a little gooey.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Brownies
More Delicious Brownie Recipes
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Brownie Recipe Without Cocoa Powder
- Condensed Milk Brownies
- Edible Brownie Batter
- Oreo Mug Cake
How Long to Cook Brownies in the Air Fryer
Including prep time, you can cook brownies in your air fryer in about 35 minutes.
I recommend checking on your air fryer brownie around the 22-minute mark. Insert a toothpick near the edge, and if it comes out with dry crumbs, you’re good to go.
You definitely want the center to still be a little gooey.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Brownie
- Make sure your pan is heat-safe and fits snugly in your air fryer.
- I always like to add extra chocolate chips on top before baking. It’s optional, but I say you can never have too much chocolate!
- The classic toothpick method is my preferred way to check if the air fryer brownies are done. Dry crumbs on the toothpick mean they’re ready to come out!
- The center should still be a little gooey when you take the brownies out of the air fryer. They will continue to cook in the middle as they cool.
- Let the brownies cool for a few minutes to give them the best texture. I recommend 5-10 minutes before slicing.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Air Fryer Churros
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake In The Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Glazed Donuts
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes
- Oreos With Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer S’mores
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Lightly grease a small heat-safe pan that fits in your air fryer with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter in 30-second 50% power increments, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F while you make the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add warm chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Add flour and salt and fold in with a spatula until just combined.
- Sprinkle the top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the outer edges comes out with dry crumbs. The center will still be a little gooey, but the brownies will continue to cook in the middle after removing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.