Treat the whole family to amazing air fryer churros from scratch! Simply mix the dough, pipe, chill, and air fry. Don’t forget to roll in the cinnamon sugar to finish!
Ready to try a new dessert the whole family will go crazy for? Easy air fryer churros mean you get to experience warm cinnamon-sugar bliss right at home!
The air fryer gives churros that perfect crispy texture on the outside while keeping the inside oh-so-soft.
And all you have to do is mix the dough, pipe the churros, chill them in the freezer, then let the air fryer handle the rest.
Oh, and don’t forget to roll them in cinnamon sugar, of course!
Including chilling and preheating, this recipe only takes an hour from start to finish.
This is a good thing because once your family tries their first homemade air fryer churro, they’re going to want this dessert all the time!
- All-purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Air Fryer Churros
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine the water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring everything to a boil.
STEP TWO: Once boiling, drop the heat to low and add in the flour. Use a spatula to stir until the flour and other ingredients form a ball that pulls away from the sides of the pot.
STEP THREE: Transfer the dough to the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl if you plan to use a hand mixer. Add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
STEP FOUR: Place the mixer on medium speed and allow it to mix for 5 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Add the egg and continue mixing until the dough is completely combined and slightly sticky.
STEP SIX: Place ½ of the dough in a piping bag with a star 1M tip. On a silicone mat or parchment paper, pipe the churros 5 inches long. Use scissors to cut the end off.
STEP SEVEN: Fill the bag again and continue piping until you have used all the dough.
STEP EIGHT: Place the churros in the freezer for 30 minutes.
STEP NINE: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
STEP TEN: Place the churros in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 10 minutes.
STEP ELEVEN: While they are cooking, combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate or platter.
STEP TWELVE: As soon as they’re done cooking, remove and roll each air fryer churro in the cinnamon sugar.
STEP THIRTEEN: Serve with Nutella, caramel, or by themselves.
What to Serve with Air Fried Churros
Air fryer churros are a delicious treat, especially when dipped in chocolate sauce or salted caramel dip. Hot cocoa dip, chocolate fruit dip, or marshmallow fruit dip are also great options for dipping your churros.
More Delicious Recipes with Cinnamon
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodles
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Filling
- Sweet Potato Pie with Condensed Milk
How Long to Cook Churros in the Air Fryer
Churros only take about 10 minutes to cook to crispy, golden perfection in the air fryer!
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Churros
- Don’t freeze the dough for longer than an hour, or the churros will start to dry out and lose that wonderfully soft center.
- If you make the dough ahead of time, you can store it in the refrigerator. Just be sure to let it come up to room temperature before trying to pipe the churros.
- Play around with the lengths! 5-inch churros look really nice, but shorter ones make super crispy and tasty little bites.
- Churros are best enjoyed warm. I recommend rolling them in the cinnamon sugar mixture and serving right away.
- You can store leftover air fried churros in an airtight container. To reheat, place in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
Why are my Churros so Airy?
The key to getting light, airy churros is to use a combination of water and butter in the dough.
This creates steam when cooked in the air fryer, resulting in fluffy and crispy churros.
How to Reheat Churros in the Air Fryer
To reheat your churros, simply place them in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 360 degrees F.
This will help them regain their crispy texture and warm up again for delicious leftovers.
Other Air Fryer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fried Oreos with Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cooke Cake In Air Fryer
- Homemade Lava Cakes In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Dessert Fries
- Air Fryer S’Mores
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium pot, combine water, butter, sugar, and salt at medium-high heat. Bring this to a boil.
- Drop heat to low and add in the flour. Use a spatula to stir flour and form a ball that pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Transfer dough into a stand mixer bowl or use a hand mixer. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Place the mixer on medium speed and allow it to mix for 5 minutes.
- Add egg and continue mixing until it is completely combined. It will be slightly sticky.
- Place ½ of the dough in a piping bag with a star 1M tip. Place a silicone mat or parchment paper down.
- Pipe churros 5 inches long. Use scissors to cut the end off.
- Fill the bag again and continue piping until the dough has been used.
- Place churros in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Place the churros in a single layer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Remove churros from the air fryer basket and quickly roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with Nutella, caramel, or by themselves.
- These are best eaten warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.