This air fryer s’mores recipe will give you crispy, golden-brown marshmallows with hot, gooey centers every time! Top with chocolate and graham crackers, then dig in.
Craving everyone’s favorite campfire dessert without the campfire? You have to try this recipe for air fryer s’mores!
When you air fry marshmallows, they turn perfectly golden-brown with hot, gooey centers in a matter of minutes. Sandwich them between two graham crackers with a few squares of chocolate, and after one bite, you may never want to make them any other way again!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The best way to make s’mores inside using the air fryer
- Which marshmallows are best for this recipe
- Variations for your air fryer s’mores
- Tips for making the best s’mores in the air fryer
Making s’mores around a campfire can be such a wonderful family experience. But these sweet little sandwiches are also so much fun to enjoy right in your own kitchen! It’s a much easier but equally delicious way to bring the whole family together.
I’ve tried roasting marshmallows in the oven or even over a burner on the stove before. These methods can work okay, but in my opinion, the air fryer is simply the best way to make s’mores inside. It’s so simple, and they turn out so perfectly every time!
How to Make Air Fryer S’mores
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place the graham crackers in the air fryer in a single layer, then top with marshmallows. Place a wire rack on top of the marshmallows to keep them in place.
STEP THREE: Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the marshmallows are golden-brown.
STEP FOUR: Remove from the air fryer, add 3 chocolate bar squares to each s’more, and top with the other graham cracker.
STEP FIVE: Enjoy!
How Long Do You Air Fry Marshmallows for S’mores?
It only takes a few minutes to air fry marshmallows. Your perfect cooking time is going to depend on exactly how you like your marshmallows done. Three minutes will give you a light golden layer while four or five minutes will cook them to a deep brown.
What Size Marshmallows Should You Use For Smores in the Air Fryer?
I always recommend using big or jumbo marshmallows. If you try to use mini marshmallows, you risk them falling off the s’more before or after cooking.
Plus, isn’t there something so satisfying about putting the chocolate and other half of the graham cracker on top of a jumbo marshmallow, then squeezing it all together?
Variations for Air Fryer S’mores
Want to jazz up your s’mores night? There are so many ways to get creative with this summertime favorite!
One option is to play around with the chocolate you use. Hershey’s chocolate is a classic, but you could also use dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even squares of cookies and cream chocolate!
For even more flavor, swap out the plain chocolate squares for caramel-filled chocolate squares, peanut butter cups, or peppermint patties. As long as chocolate’s involved, it’s hard to go wrong.
Instead of plain graham crackers, you could also try chocolate graham crackers. Or get a little crazy by replacing them with your favorite cookie!
Tips for Making the Best Smores in the Air Fryer
- Use one large or jumbo marshmallow on each graham cracker. If you try to use multiple smaller marshmallows for your smore, it’s much easier for them to fall off while cooking or after when you’re assembling your sandwich.
- Set a wire rack on top of the marshmallows to hold them in place before air frying. Otherwise, as the hot air circulates, it might just take the marshmallows with it!
- Let the marshmallow sit for a minute before adding you
Can You Store Leftover Smores?
Unfortunately, I wouldn’t recommend trying to save any leftovers. S’mores are best served immediately while the marshmallow is hot and the chocolate is just starting to melt. Thankfully, they’re so easy to make that you can always have one ready in just a few minutes when the craving strikes!
Other Air Fryer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Cake
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
- Air Fryer Cookies
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Air Fried Oreos with Crescent Rolls
- The Best Air Fryer Desserts
- 12 squares from a Hershey’s chocolate bar (1 regular sized Hershey bar)
- 4 marshmallows (big or jumbo sized)
- 4 graham crackers sheets, broken in half
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Place graham crackers in air fryer and top with marshmallows. Place a wire rack on top of the marshmallows to avoid them from flying up in the air fryer, if needed.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the marshmallow is golden brown to your liking.
- Remove s’mores from air fryer, add 3 chocolate bar squares to each s’more, and top with the other graham cracker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.