Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and bursting with flavor, air fryer French toast is the ultimate breakfast dish. The whole family will love it!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make air fryer French toast with sliced bread and a few pantry staples! In just 15 minutes, you can have a gourmet meal perfect for leisurely weekend breakfasts but quick enough for busy weekday mornings.
Prep is as simple as whisking together the ingredients in a bowl, dipping the bread, and letting the air fryer handle the rest. Your French toast will have a beautiful crispy exterior while the soft, fluffy interior is bursting with flavor!
If you’re looking for an easy dish that will have the whole family running for the breakfast table, air fried French toast always does the trick. And everyone can add their favorite toppings to make their meal their own!
How to Make French Toast in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
STEP THREE: Dip each piece of bread into the mixture, soaking both sides in the liquid for 15 seconds per side, then allow the excess to drip off.
STEP FOUR: Place the pieces of eggy bread in a single layer inside, working in batches as needed.
STEP FIVE: Air fry for 6 minutes, flipping the French toast halfway through the cook time.
STEP SIX: Serve hot with your desired toppings and enjoy.
What to Serve with Air Fried French Toast
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Fall Fruit Salad
- Fried Egg in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Bacon
What Kind of Bread Should You Use For Air Fryer French Toast?
Any kind of sandwich bread will work for making air fried French toast. I usually use whatever I happen to have in my pantry.
I’ve even made french toast with banana bread!
But, if you can get your hands on Brioche bread, it makes the absolute best French toast in the world.
Tips for Making the Best French Toast in the Air Fryer
- Let any excess eggy mixture drip off the bread slices so it doesn’t drip into the air fryer.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup or honey, or sprinkle the air fried French toast slices with granulated sugar and garnish with fresh berries.
- For stuffed French toast, just slather cream cheese and berries between two finished slices!
- Looking for a healthy or low-carb variation? Feel free to use keto-friendly bread, your favorite sugar alternative, non-dairy milk like almond or coconut, or all of the above!
- To freeze leftover French toast, let the slices cool, then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Freeze for 1-2 hours, then transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag.
- To reheat French toast from frozen, just stick the slices in the air fryer at 320 degrees F. Reheat for 2-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your slices, until crispy on the outside and hot all the way through.
More Delicious French Toast Recipes
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- Crockpot French Toast Casserole
- French Toast Pancakes
- Hawaiian Bread French Toast
- Toast in the Air Fryer
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- 30 Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Pancakes
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Toaster Strudel in the Air Fryer
- 4-6 slices sandwich bread
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Dip each piece of bread into the mixture, soaking both sides in the liquid for 15 seconds per side, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Spray the inner basket with cooking oil spray, then place the pieces of bread in a single layer inside, working in batches as needed.
- Air Fry for 6 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or honey, or sprinkle the pieces with granulated sugar and garnish with fresh berries.
SERVE WITH: butter, maple syrup, honey, granulated sugar, fresh berries
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 17g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.