Air fryer chicken fajitas are made with a homemade chili-lime fajita seasoning for an easy busy night weeknight meal!
Air frying chicken fajitas is super easy!
It’s one of those delicious dinner ideas that combines chicken and vegetables for an all-around healthier and tasty meal. You can even warm the tortillas in the air fryer too.
If you haven’t tried air fried fajitas for dinner, start with this recipe. It gives you that juicy and crispy chicken paired with peppers and onions.
Plus it’s filled with flavor!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
STEP ONE: Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees.
STEP TWO: Mix the chicken strips, bell pepper, red onion, oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) in a bowl.
STEP THREE: Put the chicken fajitas in the air fryer and air fry for 10-13 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F at its thickest point.
STEP FOUR: Remove the fajitas from the air fryer and enjoy with tortillas or on its own.
TIPS For the Best Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
- Pull the fajitas from the air fryer as soon as the chicken hits 165 degrees F at its thickest point to get juicy chicken — use an instant read thermometer to easily achieve this
- Warm the flour tortillas or corn tortillas in the air fryer by placing them in aluminum foil and cooking at 370 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes
- Use fresh raw boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best results
- Cook the air fryer fajitas in a single layer to allow them to cook evenly
- Use a ziplock bag to add ingredients to and shake up to avoid an extra bowl at clean up
- Top the air fried fajitas with fresh cilantro for a pop of color and flavor
More Fajita Recipes
Variations to Chicken Fajitas
- Swap out the chicken strips for beef steak, rotisserie chicken, pork, or even more veggies
- Use frozen chicken in place of raw chicken — such as Tyson Fajita Chicken Strips
- Use a store-bought fajita seasoning mix instead of creating your own — I like this fajita spice mix, Old El Paso’s fajita blend, and even switching it out for taco seasoning
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Rice
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Mexican Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
How Long to Cook Chicken Fajitas in the Air Fryer
It only takes 10 to 13 minutes to get perfectly cooked at-home air fryer fajitas.
Favorite Toppings For Air Fryer Fajitas
- Mexican or Cheddar Cheese
- Avocado Lime Crema
- Avocado Slices
- Sour Cream
- Refried Beans
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Jalapenos
Best Way to Reheat Fajitas in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Put the leftover chicken fajitas in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-5 minutes until heated thoroughly.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Flautas
- Taco Lasagna
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
- Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Carne Asada Quesadillas
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 1 without tortillas, 4 with tortillas
- 1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- tortillas for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Put the chicken strips, bell pepper, onion, oil, chili powder, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) in a bowl and mix.
- Place the chicken fajitas in the air fryer and cook for 10-13 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The fajitas are done when the chicken hits 165 degrees F at its thickest point.
- Remove the fajitas from the air fryer, warm tortillas if needed, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Chicken Fajitas in an Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook chicken fajitas for 3-5 minutes until heated thoroughly and enjoy!
How to Warm Tortillas in the Air Fryer:
Cover tortillas with aluminum foil and cook for 5-10 minutes in a preheated air fryer at 370 degrees.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.