Savor the juiciest and most tender turkey with our recipe for Air Fryer Turkey Wings. Experience a hassle-free cooking method that delivers delicious results every time.
Who says insanely delicious and crispy fresh turkey wings are reserved solely for Thanksgiving dinner? Discover the joy of making smoked turkey wings in the air fryer — a quick and easy way to spice up any weeknight dinner.
With the magic of air frying, these once frozen turkey wings turn out perfectly tender on the inside with a wonderfully crispy skin on the outside. The best part? They’re made without flour, ensuring a lighter and gluten-free option.
Bid farewell to oven-baked wings and embrace the convenience and flavor of air fry turkey, where the dark meat becomes a canvas for a mouthwatering seasoning rub. Each bite delivers a burst of tender meat and that coveted crispy texture.
Whether you’re looking to satisfy your cravings or impress your guests, these seasoned turkey wings will exceed your expectations. Get ready to indulge in the convenience and taste of air fryer turkey wings — irresistibly flavorful, tender, and always a crowd-pleaser.
How to Cook Turkey Wings in an Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: To start, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Lightly spray the turkey wings with cooking oil until evenly coated. Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they have enough space to air fry evenly.
STEP THREE: Cook the turkey wings for 15 minutes, then carefully flip them using tongs. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the air fried turkey wings reaches 165 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: After cooking, allow air fryer turkey wings to cool for 10-15 minutes. This helps them retain their juiciness and allows the flavors to settle.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Ritz Cracker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Tips to Make the Best Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer
- Use pre smoked wings. You’ll start with a delicious smoky flavor foundation, then crisp them to perfection!
- Enhance the flavors. Apply a dry rub or marinade to the wings before roasting.
- Avoid stacking. This ensures even cooking and allows the skin to crisp up evenly.
- Baste when flipping. Coating the wings with a little broth or a flavorful glaze helps to maintain moistness.
- Use a meat thermometer. This will ensure the wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F without overcooking. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the wing, away from the bone.
- Rest before serving. Let the roasted air fryer turkey wings sit for at least 10 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and succulent meat.
- Avoid cooking spray. Instead, opt for an EVO Oil Sprayer to apply cooking oil. This ensures an even and controlled coating without damaging your air fryer.
Variations to Air Fried Turkey Wings
- After roasting, sprinkle the wings with a generous amount of lemon pepper seasoning for a tangy and zesty flavor profile.
- Drizzle the roasted wings with a mixture of Cajun seasoning and honey for a spicy and sweet Cajun glaze that complements the smoky flavors.
- Toss the wings in a classic BBQ sauce once they are fresh out of the air fryer!
- Coat the turkey wings in a quick buffalo sauce made with hot sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Air fry until crispy, then toss in more sauce before serving.
- Season with grated Parmesan cheese, dried ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper.
More Air Fryer Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings With Dry Rub
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
How Long to Cook Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer
To ensure the safety of poultry, the FDA recommends cooking it until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 degrees F. It takes smoked turkey wings in the air fryer about 25 minutes of total cooking time to reach this temperature, with a single flip at the 15-minute mark.
However, it’s essential to keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the size of the wings. It’s always best to use a meat thermometer for precise measurements.
How Long Can I Keep Leftover Air Fryer Turkey Wings?
Leftover turkey wings can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Ensure they are stored in airtight containers or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to maintain freshness.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer
- Spray the frozen wings and the inner air fryer basket with cooking oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Once hot, place the frozen turkey wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the turkey wings for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow the wings to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Air Fried Turkey Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Cook the turkey wings for 15 minutes or until heated through.
More Air Fryer Turkey Recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Turkey Cutlets
- 3 raw turkey wings, pre-smoked
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the presmoked turkey wings with oil and place them in the air fryer.
- Cook for 25 minutes, flipping them over after 15 minutes of cooking.
- Allow wings to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover turkey wings in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes. Cooking time may differ if just cooking one turkey wing.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray the wings with cooking oil, place them in the air fryer, then cook for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 51g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.