Homemade air fryer sweet potato chips are the ultimate guilt-free snack! With their irresistible crunch and delicious flavor, you won’t be able to stop at just one.
Treat yourself to the guilt-free pleasure of air fryer sweet potato chips! This homemade snack boasts an irresistible crunch and burst of flavor that will have you reaching for more.
The best part? They’re incredibly easy to make! Just slice, toss in oil and seasoning, then let the air fryer work its magic. Your chips will be ready to enjoy in less than 10 minutes!
These chips are not only a healthier alternative to store-bought snacks, but also a great way to satisfy your cravings for something crispy and savory. Whether you enjoy them on their own or pair them with your favorite dip, air fried sweet potato chips are sure to become a staple in your snack repertoire.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Use a mandolin to carefully slice the sweet potatoes into thin pieces, then transfer to a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Toss the sweet potatoes slices with oil, salt, and garlic powder until well coated.
STEP FOUR: Add the slices to the air fryer in an even layer, avoiding overlap as much as possible.
STEP FIVE: Air fry the sweet potato slices for 6-8 minutes or until they start to crisp.
STEP SIX: Transfer the sweet potato chips to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
What to Serve with Air Fried Sweet Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- Avocado Crema
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Tzatziki Sauce with Sour Cream
How Long to Cook Sweet Potato Chips in the Air Fryer
Sweet potato slices don’t take very long to crisp up!
As long as you let your air fryer preheat first, the chips should only take 6-8 minutes.
Be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning, as cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the slices.
You’ll know the sweet potato chips are ready when they turn golden brown and become crispy. Give them a gentle poke to ensure they’re reaching your desired texture, but keep in mind that the chips will continue to crisp up as they cool.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- You can use sweet potatoes or yams interchangeably for this recipe.
- Slice the sweet potatoes as evenly as possible with a mandolin to ensure even cooking and consistent crunchiness.
- Coat the sweet potato slices thoroughly with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder to enhance the flavor and help them brown up around the edges.
- Arrange the chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket so the hot air can circulate properly and crisp up the sweet potato slices on all sides.
- Feel free to try different seasonings to customize your flavors! Paprika, cayenne pepper, or even cinnamon would all add a fun twist. Or add a little salt and vinegar after the chips have cooled!
- Allow the chips to cool on a wire rack after air frying. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
More Delicious air Fryer Chip Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Air Fryer Spring Rolls
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
- 2 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F.
- Use a mandolin to carefully slice thin pieces of the sweet potato, then add to a large bowl.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt and garlic powder until well coated.
- Add to the air fryer in an even layer, and cook 6-8 minutes, or until starting to crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.