Air fryer turkey bacon is the crispiest bacon ever! A healthy alternative to pork, it boasts fewer calories and a lot less grease. Easy cleanup, crispy results, and an amazingly quick cooking time.
Breakfast is huge in our house! Not only do we love eating breakfast in the morning, but we also love breakfast for dinner too. And when I know I’m going to have a really busy morning, I lean on my air fryer for help — especially when it comes to making bacon.
Air fryer turkey bacon has made it into the rotation, and my entire family loves it. Air frying turkey bacon means you won’t have to worry about grease splattering, and cleanup is a breeze. It’s the best way to make turkey bacon, in my opinion!
It’s a great change-up to normal bacon, is completely keto, and can be cooked alongside other foods like hash browns and scrambled eggs when cooking for just a few people. I go over how to do just that in this Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes post.
But before you do, learn my super easy way to make air fryer turkey bacon below!
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Arrange the slices of turkey bacon in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer so that they cook evenly for 5-6 minutes.
If you have any remaining bacon slices you can air fry in batches. Cook uncured bacon that’s on the wider side for 8 to 9 minutes. Make sure to flip the bacon halfway through the cooking time.
STEP THREE: Carefully remove the turkey bacon strips from your air fryer and enjoy!
Ways to Use Air Fried Turkey Bacon
The possibilities are endless! Wherever you enjoy traditional bacon, use this turkey bacon in the air fryer instead. It goes with so many dishes:
- Crumbled on top of your favorite salad, like my Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- As a side for breakfast (lots of links below!)
- BLT Sandwich
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Bacon Cheese Fries
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
How Long to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
When cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer, it’s important to keep an eye on the clock! Regular turkey bacon is done in about 6 minutes, while cured turkey bacon cooks up in about 9 minutes.
Either way, remember to flip once halfway through the cooking time. If you want extra crispy bacon, cook for an extra 2-3 minutes!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Use your favorite brand. There are several different brands of turkey bacon out there. Feel free to use your preference — I love Applegate Uncured Bacon, Trader Joe’s Uncured Bacon, Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon, and original Butterball Turkey Bacon.
- You can use cured or uncured varieties. Both are indeed turkey bacon, and the difference is in how they’re preserved. Cured turkey bacon has added artificial nitrates added in to help preserve the food and add a little flavor, while uncured turkey bacon is usually preserved with salt and celery. My preference is uncured!
- Use a silicone air fryer basket for easier cleanup. It will catch any excess grease, and all you need to do is throw it in the dishwasher when you’re done!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Whether you plan to air fry turkey bacon for breakfast or breakfast-for-dinner, there are so many sides to serve it with! Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Hawaiian Bread French Toast
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Storing Air Fried Turkey Bacon
I suggest that you store any leftover bacon in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for up to 3 days. You can reheat it in the air fryer or in your microwave.
That means that you can most definitely air fry turkey bacon without worrying about making too much.
Can You Put Raw Bacon in an Air Fryer?
Yep! That’s what cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer is all about. You don’t have to pre-cook it — simply air fry turkey bacon straight from the refrigerator and allow it to crisp up perfectly.
More Air Fryer Bacon Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Frozen Bacon in the Air Fryer
- the Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 50+ Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
More Air Fryer Turkey Recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Turkey in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 2
- 8 slices turkey bacon (cured or uncured)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the turkey bacon in the air fryer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Cook uncured bacon that's a little wider for about 8 to 9 minutes. Flip the bacon halfway through cooking.
- Remove the turkey bacon from the air fryer and enjoy!
To make extra crispy turkey bacon slices, add an extra 1 to 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.