A delicious and easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap that uses leftover chicken tenders and only takes 5 minutes to make!
Every time my husband goes to a restaurant for lunch, he gets a crispy fried buffalo chicken wrap. Every. Time. I developed this recipe specifically for him, so he can eat it as often as he wants.
I’m sure it’ll be on our regular monthly dinner menu now because this one is GOOD.
This recipe is made with premade breaded boneless chicken tenders. I recommend using these homemade Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. They’re incredibly easy to make and you can make this recipe by using leftovers.
They also make this recipe much healthier than a frozen or fried variety without losing the crispy fried taste.
You can also use grilled chicken breasts, shredded grilled chicken, or rotisserie chicken to enjoy these buffalo chicken wraps with no breading.
In this post I will teach you:
- How to make your own buffalo chicken wrap lunch in just 5 minutes using leftover chicken
- Directions to turn this into an air fryer buffalo chicken wrap (it’s easy!)
- The best storebought buffalo sauces to use
- What kinds of leftover chicken you can use
Looking for more chicken wrap ideas? Check out these 12 chicken wraps that can be made using leftover chicken!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
STEP ONE: Take your leftover chicken tenders or other leftover chicken and break them into about 1-inch pieces. Place the shredded chicken tenders in a bowl and pour buffalo sauce on top.
You can use this delicious homemade buffalo wing sauce (it can stay in the fridge for up to a month!) or buy a quick storebought kind to have on hand at all times — my favorites are listed below.
STEP TWO: Coat the chicken tenders with the hot buffalo sauce on both sides until fully coated.
STEP THREE: Take your flour tortilla and place it on a plate. Top it with ¼ of each of the chicken tenders mixture, lettuce, tomato, and 1 Tablespoon of chunky blue cheese dressing or bleu cheese crumbles.
STEP FOUR: Wrap the tortilla with and secure it with a toothpick to keep it in place.
Repeat with the other 3 buffalo chicken wraps.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days and enjoy cold or follow reheating directions below.
The Best Storebought Buffalo Sauces to Use in This Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
If you have time, I highly recommend making this super easy homemade buffalo sauce. It stores in the fridge for up to 30 days so it’s ready to go when you want it.
But here are my favorites to buy in the store:
- Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Buffalo Wild Wings Buffalo Sauce, Medium
- Frank’s Buffalo Wings Sauce
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Wing Sauce
How To Cook a Buffalo Chicken Wrap in the Air Fryer?
One of the great things about air fryers is they make basically everything hot and crispy.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the buffalo chicken wrap in the air fryer with a toothpick to keep it closed, spritz it quickly with an EVO Oil Sprayer and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, turning it halfway through cooking.
- Remove it from the air fryer, slice in half, then enjoy!
AIR FRYER TIP: Use an Instant-Read Thermometer to check the inside temperature of the chicken wrap to ensure it’s nice and heated all the way through!
Reheating the Homemade Buffalo Chicken Wrap in the Air Fryer
There’s nothing worse than a mushy cold wrap the next day. If your spicy chicken wrap is already assembled, just stick it in the air fryer at 350 degrees and reheat until warm, about 5 minutes and flip halfway through.
Check the wrap after 2 minutes. If the tortilla is starting to brown, turn your air fryer down to 325 degrees and continue to reheat it.
I use the Cosori 5.8QT Air Fryer to reheat mine. I can put both sides in without any issues with its square basket.
Is A Wrap Healthy Compared to Bread?
Yes and no. Some wraps can contain hydrogenated oils, another word for trans-fat. One wrap can often hold more sodium and calories than 2 pieces of bread.
Does that mean you should stay away from wraps?
No! Look for whole-grain wraps without hydrogenated oils. You can also load your wrap up with more ingredients than a small sandwich. This fills you up after 1 wrap instead of having more than 1 sandwich.
Can I Make a Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap Instead?
Yes! Simply replace the chunky blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles with your favorite ranch dressing.
I personally recommend pairing Buffalo sauce with blue cheese (and my husband is from Buffalo), so if you haven’t tried it with the blue cheese yet, try it out!
What Types of Leftover Chicken Can I Use For This Buffalo Chicken Wrap?
One of the reasons I love this chicken wrap recipe is most kinds of chicken will work! I recommend using crispy or breaded chicken strips to get the best texture, but grilled chicken will work as well. Leftover chicken breasts will work too!
Here are some options to choose from:
- Leftover chicken tenders or air fryer chicken tenders — you can even use frozen chicken tenders cooked in the air fryer!
- Chicken strips
- Grilled chicken breasts or air fried grilled chicken
- Rotisserie chicken or air fryer whole chicken
- Already shredded chicken
Honestly, you can even use frozen chicken nuggets if you’re in a pinch too (although I highly recommend air frying them to get a nice crispy outside).
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Sides
Pair your wrap with one of these delicious sides to complete your lunch or dinner meal.
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries with Sriracha-Ranch Dip
Don’t have an air fryer? No problem! Pair your Buffalo Chicken Wrap with frozen French fries or sweet potato fries cooked in an oven.
You’ll feel like you’re eating in an actual restaurant without the chaos that goes along with it.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- 35 Super Easy Cold Lunch Ideas for Adults
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 25 Easy Leftover Steak Recipes
- Chicken Fajita Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- 6 Leftover Chicken Tenders (or other leftover chicken)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Chunky Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chop up chicken tenders into small 1-inch or smaller pieces and place in a bowl.
- Pour Buffalo Sauce over chicken and mix to coat.
- Put 1/4 of the buffalo chicken, blue cheese, and lettuce into each wrap.
- Wrap each tortilla and secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or store up to 3 days in the refrigerator and enjoy cold or with reheating directions above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 1575mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.