Elevate your dinner with the ultimate comfort food: broccoli casserole with Ritz crackers! Indulge in the creamy texture, cheesy goodness, and buttery cracker topping.
Treat the whole family to the creamy, cheesy goodness of broccoli casserole with Ritz crackers! This delectable dish combines tender broccoli florets and a velvety blend of Velveeta cheese and mayo with the irresistible crunch of buttery Ritz crackers.
Not only is this recipe a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, but it’s also super easy to make. With just a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time, you can have a mouthwatering casserole ready in no time!
And thanks to the rich blend of Velveeta, mayo, and sour cream with a little shredded cheese, even picky eaters won’t turn their nose up at all the broccoli in this casserole. Don’t be surprised if they ask for seconds!
You can serve this cheesy, comforting broccoli dish as a delightful side or a satisfying main course. Kids and adults will enjoy the creamy, melty goodness and the satisfying crunch of the Ritz cracker crust!
How to Make Velveeta Broccoli Casserole
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
STEP TWO: Blanch frozen broccoli in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain and set aside until needed.
STEP THREE: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the velveeta, mayo, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, dehydrated onion, and salt and pepper. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth and melted, then set aside.
STEP FOUR: In a small bowl, stir together the crushed Ritz crackers and the melted butter.
STEP FIVE: Add the broccoli to the prepared casserole dish.
STEP SIX: Pour the cheese sauce on top and mix until all the broccoli is coated.
STEP SEVEN: Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the broccoli mixture, then add the Ritz mixture on top.
STEP EIGHT: Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the Ritz crackers are golden brown.
STEP NINE: Allow the Ritz broccoli casserole to cool for 5 minutes before serving
What to Serve with Broccoli Ritz Casserole
- Baked Split Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Pork Tenderloin
How Long to Cook Broccoli Cheese Casserole
The most important part of this dish is that the cheesy mixture gets melted and bubbly. And of course, we want the Ritz cracker crust to be golden brown and crispy!
I find that 20 minutes in the oven is the perfect amount of time to get the job done. If you check on your casserole and find the Ritz crust isn’t quite golden yet, leave it in for another few minutes.
Tips for Making the Best Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise
- If you’re using fresh broccoli florets, you can skip the blanching step.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as diced mushrooms or onions for added depth of flavor.
- You can substitute the mayo and sour cream for a can of mushroom soup if desired.
- Spread the Ritz cracker and butter mixture evenly over the casserole to ensure there’s crunch in every bite.
- For a twist on the flavor, substitute the Ritz crackers with Cheez Its!
- Don’t forget to let the casserole rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and the cheese to set.
More Delicious Veggie Recipes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Stovetop Candied Yams
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Instant Pot Carrots
More Casserole Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5-Ingredient Hash Brown Casserole
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
- Macaroni Corn Casserole
- Corn Casserole without Sour Cream
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole with Cream Cheese
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole with No Meat
- 2 lbs frozen broccoli
- 12 oz. velveeta
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dehydrated onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed ritz crackers
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F, lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Blanch frozen broccoli in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain and set aside until needed.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the velveeta, mayo, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, dehydrated onion, salt and pepper and stir frequently until smooth and melted; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crushed ritz and the melted butter; set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the prepared casserole dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce on tip and mix to coat all broccoli.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the broccoli mixture, then sprinkle the ritz mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and the ritz crackers are golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1289mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.