Indulge in delicious keto-friendly air fryer flounder without breading or flour! This easy recipe gives you perfectly seasoned and tender fish in just 20 minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a keto-friendly dish or a healthy, hassle-free meal, air fryer flounder is a must-try for seafood lovers! With this recipe, you can savor the delicate flavors and tender texture of flounder without the need for breading or flour.
The flounder filets are seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning to really bring out the natural flavor of the fish. After that, add the butter, lemon juice, and garlic, then let the air fryer work its magic!
In just 20 minutes, you’ll have perfectly-cooked flounder with a moist, flaky texture that’s perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a quick weeknight dinner or a special gathering. Serve it with optional grated Parmesan cheese, lemon wedges, and fresh parsley to elevate the dish even further!
How to Make Air Fryer Flounder
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the fish filets dry with paper towels and place them on a piece of aluminum foil cut and molded to fit the inside of the air fryer.
STEP TWO: Season the fish with salt and pepper, then place the fish and foil into the air fryer basket.
STEP THREE: In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and minced garlic.
STEP FOUR: Drizzle the mixture over the fish, then sprinkle with paprika and Italian seasoning.
STEP FIVE: Air fry at 350 degrees F for 8-10 mins until the fish is fully cooked and opaque.
STEP SIX: Serve with lemon wedges and garnished with Parmesan and parsley if desired.
What to Serve with Air Fried Flounder
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Cajun Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
How Long to Cook Flounder in the Air Fryer
As long as you get the timing right, cooking flounder in the air fryer with no breading truly couldn’t be easier! We want to make sure the fish is cooked all the way through, but don’t want it to overcook and become tough.
The exact time is going to depend on the size of your fish filets, but I find that 8-10 minutes is usually the sweet spot. If you have an Instant Read Thermometer, make sure the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
Flounder should be fully opaque and flake easily once it’s finished cooking. And thanks to the melted butter, it should be crispy and golden on the outside as well.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Flounder
- Thoroughly pat the flounder filets dry before seasoning. This step helps remove excess moisture so you can achieve a crispy exterior.
- Give your air fryer enough time to preheat. Preheating ensures the flounder cooks evenly and gets that desirable golden-brown color.
- Leave space between the flounder filets in the air fryer basket. This allows hot air to circulate, resulting in a more even and consistent cooking.
- Flip the flounder halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides. This step helps add a delightful texture and appearance.
- If cooking flounder from frozen, add a few minutes to the cooking time. Be sure to check that the filets have cooked all the way through before serving.
- If you want to play around with the flavor, feel free to use a blackened or lemon pepper seasoning!
More Delicious Air Fryer Fish Recipes
- Air Fryer Catfish
- Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
- Air Fryer Haddock
- Air Fryer Halibut
- Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- The Best Air Fryer Fish Recipes
More Air Fryer Seafood You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Oysters
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Scallops
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
- 4 4-6 oz flounder filets, skinless
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place on a piece of aluminum foil cut and molded to fit the inside of the air fryer. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then place the fish and foil into the air fryer basket.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and minced garlic. Drizzle the mixture over the fish, then sprinkle with paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 8-10 mins, until fully cooked and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 901mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.