For a healthy weeknight dinner, flaky air fryer haddock can be made from fresh or frozen filets in just 20 minutes! A simple blend of seasoning adds just the right pop of flavor.
When I’m looking for a healthy recipe that’s quick and easy to make and still tastes amazing, fish is usually my go-to.
And one of my favorite options is tender and flaky air fryer haddock!
Whether you’re starting from fresh or frozen, these filets turn out beautifully in a matter of minutes.
The simple blend of seasoning gives them just the right pop of flavor while the air fryer cooks the fish to tender perfection.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The easy way to make delicious air fryer haddock with no breading
- How long to cook haddock in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best fish possible
- What to serve with healthy air fryer haddock
- How to reheat leftover haddock
Haddock has a mildly sweet taste and less of a “fishy” flavor than other kinds of fish.
This makes it a great option for younger palettes that are still learning to enjoy white fish without a bunch of breading.
If you’re looking for a healthy, high-protein meal to feed the family on a busy weeknight, give this recipe a try!
How to Make Fresh Haddock in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the skinless haddock filets dry with paper towels, then place them on a cutting board.
STEP TWO: Drizzle the filets with oil, then sprinkle the fleshy sides liberally with the seasonings.
STEP THREE: Place the filets in a single layer in the air fryer, taking care not to overcrowd the basket.
STEP FOUR: Air fry the fresh haddock at 350 degrees F for 8-10 mins until fully cooked and opaque. Serve as desired.
How to Make Air Fryer Haddock from Frozen
- Pat the skinless haddock filets dry with paper towels, then place them on a cutting board.
- Drizzle the filets with oil, then sprinkle the fleshy sides liberally with the seasonings.
- Store the filets in a plastic zipper bag and freeze.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Place the filets in a single layer in the air fryer, taking care not to overcrowd the basket.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 9-12 mins until fully cooked and opaque. Serve as desired.
How Long to Cook Haddock in the Air Fryer
The full cook time is going to depend on a few factors.
First, air fryers can vary based on size and model, so it’s always smart to check the fish a few minutes before you think it’s done just to be sure it’s not getting overcooked.
Next, the haddock in the air fryer timing will depend on the thickness of your fish filets.
Thinner cuts of fish will be done in about 8 minutes while thicker cuts could take an extra minute or two.
Of course, if you’re starting with frozen fish, you’ll want to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
Once cooked, haddock should be opaque all the way through and flake easily with a fork.
If you have an Instant Read Thermometer, make sure the air fryer haddock temperature has reached 140 degrees F at the thickest part of the filet.
Tips for Making the Best Healthy Air Fryer Haddock
- Pat the haddock filets as dry as possible. This will help the seasoning stick and cook the fish more evenly.
- Make sure the fish is well-coated in oil and seasoning. I recommend using your hands to gently spread the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Leave space between the filets in the air fryer for the hot air to be able to circulate around all sides of the fish.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Haddock
- Broccoli Salad
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
How to Reheat Haddock in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover haddock in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
Other No Breading Air Fryer Fish Recipes You’ll Love:
- 4 6 oz haddock filets, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- SERVE WITH: greens, rice, pasta, fresh steamed vegetables
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place them on a cutting board.
- Drizzle the fillets with oil, then sprinkle them on the fleshy sides liberally with the seasonings.
- Place the filets in a single layer in the air fryer without overcrowding.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 8-10 mins, until fully cooked and opaque. Serve as desired.
- Prepare the fish through step 2, then store the filets in a plastic zipper bag and freeze.
- When ready to cook, Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Place the filets in a single layer in the air fryer, without overcrowding.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 9-12 mins, until fully cooked and opaque. Serve as desired.
How to reheat haddock:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place haddock in air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 633mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.