These easy air fryer boneless chicken thighs are brushed with a simple but delicious honey mustard sauce for juicy, tender chicken that’s bursting with flavor!
Busy weeknights don’t mean you have to resort to boring meals or picking up take-out. Instead, try these 20-minute air fryer boneless chicken thighs for a crave-worthy meal the whole family will love!
The boneless skinless thighs are brushed in a simple honey-mustard sauce that caramelizes as they cook for a serious burst of flavor. Meanwhile, the air fryer keeps the chicken tender and juicy for perfection in every bite.
When you’re short on time, quick and easy meals are a must. That’s why I love these air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs. They don’t need to be marinated, and you can go from fridge to table in 20 minutes flat!
How to Make Boneless Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
STEP THREE: Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels, then place them in the preheated air fryer basket. Brush the sauce over the chicken thighs.
STEP FOUR: Air fry the thighs for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Corn Casserole Without Sour Cream
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
How Long to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
Any time you’re cooking chicken, you want to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. The easiest way to tell when your thighs are done is to use an Instant Read Thermometer and insert it at the thickest part of the biggest chicken thigh.
For me, 12-14 minutes is usually the perfect amount of time to cook the thighs. This gives the honey-mustard sauce time to caramelize while the chicken stays nice and juicy without overcooking.
Also, please keep in mind that this recipe is for air fryer chicken thighs that are boneless and skinless. If you have bone-in thighs, check out my Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs or Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Thighs for the most accurate cook time and temperature.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Thoroughly pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. The more excess moisture you can remove, the crispier the thighs will get on the outside. This will also prevent the thighs from steaming.
- Brush the thighs with the honey-mustard sauce really well. You want the sauce to be able to sink into the thighs and caramelize in the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. If you try to cook too many chicken thighs at once, you could end up with uneven results, and the sauce won’t caramelize as nicely.
- Flip the chicken thighs halfway through the cooking time. This helps the thighs cook all the way through.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs
- Frozen Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Shake and Bake Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place them in the preheated air fryer basket.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Brush the sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway if desired, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 666mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 28g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.