Get ready for a delectable dessert that’s ready in just 30 minutes! This air fryer apple crisp for two is a must-try with delicious roasted apples and a crispy streusel topping.
Do warm apple crisps make you think of fall? Once you see how easy and ridiculously delicious air fryer apple crisp is, you’ll want to make this dessert for two all year round!
I usually use the air fryer for savory snacks or a quick dinner, but it’s actually amazing for making sweet treats as well. In this recipe, the convection cooking style is great for roasting the apples to perfection, and the streusel on top cooks to golden-brown perfection!
Best of all, your delightful dessert will be ready in just half an hour! Whether you’re craving fall flavors or just want something fun and different to satisfy your sweet tooth, a warm air fryer apple crisp is guaranteed to hit the spot.
How to Make Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F. Butter a small oven-safe dish that will fit into the air fryer.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine the apples, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine.
STEP THREE: Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
STEP FOUR: Place the dish inside the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Remove the foil and stir, then replace the foil and air fry for another 5 minutes.
STEP SIX: Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon, rolled oats, flour, and melted butter. Toss with a fork until large crumbles form.
STEP SEVEN: When the cooking time is up, remove the foil and scatter the topping over the apples.
STEP EIGHT: Air fry uncovered for 5 minutes.
STEP NINE: Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel sauce.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Is This Recipe for Air Fryer Apple Crumble or Crisp?
While very similar, the biggest difference between a crumble and a crisp is that the former doesn’t include any oats in the streusel topping. Because this recipe uses oats, we consider it an apple crisp.
The crumbly topping on a crisp or a crumble is what sets it apart from a cobbler, which is topped with biscuit dough instead of a streusel. Although I imagine an air fryer apple cobbler would be pretty delicious as well!
Tips for Making the Best Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer
- Dice the apples into similar-sized pieces to help the apple crisp cook as evenly as possible.
- Stir the apple mixture after 10 minutes so all the apples can get nice and tender as they cook.
- Make sure to use rolled oats, not quick oats, to achieve the best texture. Otherwise, you’ll end up with more of an oatmeal than a streusel.
- Add the crumble in an even layer over the top of the apple so you’ll have golden, crunchy streusel in every bite.
- Serve hot! This dish should be enjoyed right away.
More Delicious Apple Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Apple Slices
- Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Apple Crisp Mini Cheesecakes
- Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Filling
Other Air Fryer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fried Oreos with Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
- Air Fryer Cake
- Air Fryer Churros
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Air Fryer S’Mores
- The Best Air Fryer Desserts
- 2 heaping cups diced apple
- ¼ cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F. Butter a small oven-safe dish that will fit into the air fryer.
- Combine apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Mix to combine, then transfer the mixture into the prepared dish; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the dish inside the basket and air fry for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and stir, then replace foil and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and cinnamon, rolled oats, flour, and melted butter. Toss with a fork until large crumbles form.
- When the 5 minutes is up, remove the foil and scatter the topping over the apples. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 34gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.