Experience the cozy delight of hot cocoa dip — a chocolatey creamy indulgence that’s perfect for sharing and dipping all of your favorite treats!
Discover the heartwarming delight and ease of making this homemade hot cocoa dip. Crafted with cream cheese and crowned with marshmallows, this hot chocolate dip delivers a nostalgic embrace to any gathering.
Its simplicity makes it a stress-free delight, perfect for cozy nights by the fire or joyful celebrations with loved ones. From sharing stories on a chilly winter evening to adorning your dessert table, this chocolate dip is a delightful surprise that takes the world of desserts up a notch.
Though I make my hot cocoa dip without marshmallow fluff, it’s still perfectly fluffy with an incredibly silky texture. And it’s perfect to pair with all sorts of treats!
I always make it as a dip for graham crackers because the whole family loves it.
As you enjoy this chocolate dip and savor each bite, you’ll find yourself transported to a world of delightful flavors that blend seamlessly, creating a symphony of flavors you’re sure to love.
How to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Combine the brick of softened cream cheese and hot chocolate packets in a large bowl and mix until smooth and well combined.
STEP TWO: Gently fold in the tub of Cool Whip until evenly distributed.
STEP THREE: Transfer into whatever serving dish you’d like! If you’re like me, you may like to top the hot chocolate dip with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips or any other toppings you want.
STEP FOUR: Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Let the dip rest for a few minutes at room temperature, then serve.
Tips for the Best Hot Chocolate Dip
- Soften the cream cheese first. This ensures easier blending and a velvety texture without lumps (and it’s much easier on the hands).
- Don’t skip the chilling step, even if it seems unnecessary! The chilling time also allows the dip to set, ensuring a creamy yet perfect consistency that’s ideal for dipping your favorite foods.
- Give it a stir before serving. Sometimes the consistency might be a bit too thick after the fridge. A quick stir will help to soften things up.
- Soften on the counter. For an even softer texture, you can let the dip sit at room temperature for a bit longer before serving.
Variations for this Cocoa Dip Recipe
- Add in your favorite chopped nuts, like almonds or pecans, for a chocolatey crunch.
- Replace the Cool Whip with whipped coconut cream for a dairy-free alternative. I’ve tried it, and it’s so delicious! To play on the coconut flavor even more, garnish with coconut flakes.
- Use crushed graham crackers as a mix-in or garnish for this hot cocoa dip to add texture and a nostalgic touch.
- Make it fruity by adding mashed banana or strawberry puree to the dip.
- This cocoa dip recipe pairs perfectly with so many different foods, so feel free to experiment and go with your heart!
More Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Pecans
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Edible Brownie Batter
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Condensed Milk Brownies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
Can I Make this Cocoa Dip Recipe Ahead of Time?
Of course, but I’d recommend that you prepare it no more than a day in advance so it’s fluffy and fresh.
To store it, cover it in the refrigerator, then let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
For longer storage, cover the dip tightly with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Can I Use a Hand Mixer to Combine the Ingredients?
Yes, a hand mixer can be used for easier blending, but just be cautious not to overmix and lose the dip’s lightness. And only use it to combine the cream cheese and cocoa powder!
The Cool Whip must be gently folded in by hand, or it will become thin and deflate the entire mixture.
How Can I Make Hot Cocoa Dip Keto-Friendly?
Use keto-friendly sweeteners and hot chocolate mix, replace Cool Whip with whipped coconut cream, and choose low-carb dippers.
More Dessert Dip Recipes
- Easy Fruit Dip Recipe
- Pumpkin Dip
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip
- Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese brick (softened to room temperature)
- 3 packets hot chocolate (about ½ cup)
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mash together the cream cheese and hot chocolate packets until it is smooth.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip until it is evenly mixed in.
- Transfer the cocoa dip to a serving bowl and top with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator and then serve.
How to Store Hot Cocoa Dip:
- Cover the dip and place it in the refrigerator.
- Then, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- You can store the hot cocoa dip for up to 3-4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.