You don’t need preserves or Jello to get big, amazing fruit flavor in strawberry fruit dip — one simple ingredient makes this 5-minute recipe a breeze!
Want to know the easiest way to make a strawberry fruit dip that ACTUALLY tastes like strawberries but doesn’t involve incorporating preserves or making strawberry jello?
This 5-minute, 6-ingredient recipe has you covered.
To really bring out the fruity flavor of the strawberry cream cheese, just add a touch of strawberry extract! You can find this ingredient in the baking aisle of most grocery stores, and it makes all the difference.
You also don’t need any marshmallow fluff, which I find messy to work with. We’ll make it with Cool Whip instead for a strawberry cream cheese fruit dip that’s oh-so-dippable and delicious!
Creamy, dreamy pink fruit dip is just as perfect for parties as it is for a little afternoon or after-dinner treat.
It also keeps in the fridge, so you can whip up a batch to have on hand any time the craving strikes!
How to Make Strawberry Fruit Dip
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Add the strawberry cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
STEP TWO: Add the powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and strawberry extract to the stand mixer. Mix again until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
STEP THREE: Add the Cool Whip and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
STEP FOUR: Transfer the cream cheese strawberry dip to a serving bowl and serve with strawberries, sliced apples, or graham crackers.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature while the Cool Whip is completely thawed so they blend together nicely.
- Fold the Cool Whip gently into the cream cheese strawberry dip to maintain the light, fluffy texture.
- Don’t skip the strawberry extract — it gives a fruity taste that’s the same every time. If you need to replace it, use strawberry syrup, strawberry jam, or a little powdered strawberry jello mix.
- Store leftover strawberry fruit dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Fruit Dip Recipes
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip
- Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Hot Cocoa Dip
Variations for Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- To make a strawberry yogurt fruit dip, swap out the Cool Whip for yogurt.
- Stir in finely chopped strawberries for a little texture and fresh flavor.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of your strawberry dip to make this treat a little more decadent.
- If you don’t have powdered sugar, pulse granular sugar in a blender for a few seconds until it becomes a nice powder.
- To switch up the fruit flavor, use blueberry or pineapple cream cheese and the corresponding extract.
What is Fruit Dip Made Of?
You only need 6 simple ingredients to whip up this fruit dip!
Strawberry cream cheese and Cool Whip make up the fluffy base, while powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and strawberry extract dial up the flavor.
What Do You Dip In Strawberry Fruit Dip?
You can’t go wrong serving this dip with some sliced strawberries. I also love slicing up apples to scoop up all that goodness.
For some non-fruit options, graham crackers and pretzels are my favorites. But you can pretty much dip anything you want!
Can You Make Strawberry Yogurt Fruit Dip Instead?
For a yogurt fruit dip, just swap out the Cool Whip for plain yogurt! You could also use strawberry yogurt to bump up the fruity flavor even more.
If you use vanilla yogurt, you can omit the vanilla extract.
How Do You Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip with Marshmallow Fluff?
If you want to use Marshmallow Fluff in place of the Cool Whip, I recommend omitting the powdered sugar. Otherwise, your dip will be overly sweet.
What to Serve with Strawberry Dip for Fruit
If you’re feeling fancy, you can even whip up some chocolate-covered pecans for dipping, too!
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
- 1 block strawberry cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon strawberry extract
- 4 ounces cool whip, thawed in the fridge
- Add the strawberry cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy– about 1 minute.
- Next, add the powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and strawberry extract. Mix again until smooth and creamy– about 1 minute.
- Add the cool whip and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and serve with strawberries, sliced apples, or graham crackers.
- Store any leftover strawberry dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.