Crispy, spicy, and packed with flavor, these air fryer buffalo chicken taquitos are irresistibly tasty! This easy dish is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Elevate game day snacking or busy weeknight dinners with delicious air fryer buffalo chicken taquitos! Bursting with spicy flavor and wrapped in a crispy shell, these taquitos are a guaranteed hit for just about any occasion.
The combination of tender shredded chicken, creamy cream cheese, tangy sour cream, spicy buffalo sauce, and a hint of garlic powder delivers big on flavor. Just mix it all up, roll into warm corn tortillas, and air fry to perfection!
And the best part? These taquitos are super easy to make! So if you have some rotisserie or leftover chicken sitting in your fridge, I highly recommend giving this dish a try. It’ll be an instant favorite!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Combine the cream cheese, Buffalo sauce, sour cream, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken and fold until the chicken is well coated.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until warm and pliable.
STEP FIVE: Working one at a time, lay a warm tortilla out on a clean work surface. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese down the middle, followed by a thin line (about 3 tablespoons) of the chicken mixture. Carefully roll the tortilla up tightly, securing with a toothpick if needed.
STEP SIX: Repeat until you’ve formed 10 taquitos.
STEP SEVEN: Place the taquitos, seam side down, in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
STEP EIGHT: Air fry for 5 minutes, then carefully flip each taquito and continue to air fry for 3-5 minutes until the taquitos are crispy to your liking.
STEP NINE: Serve hot with ranch, blue cheese dressing, or extra Buffalo sauce.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Avocado Crema
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mild Buffalo Sauce
How Long to Cook Buffalo Chicken Taquitos in the Air Fryer
Because this recipe uses leftover chicken, the taquitos don’t need to cook for very long. The goal is for the air fryer to crisp up the tortilla while heating the taquitos all the way through. No one wants cold chicken or cheese in the middle!
I find that 8-10 minutes total, flipping halfway through, is the perfect amount of time. The corn tortillas get nice and crunchy and the cheese gets perfectly melty.
The exact time can vary based on your air fryer and your brand of tortilla, so keep an eye on your taquitos during those last few minutes. Once the tortillas are golden and crispy, they’re ready!
Tips for Making the Best Buffalo Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- If you don’t have leftover chicken, you can whip up air fryer chicken breasts in a flash.
- Ensure the cream cheese is softened before mixing it with the other ingredients for a smooth and creamy texture.
- Warming the corn tortillas in the microwave before rolling them makes them more pliable and easier to work with. If they start to harden, just pop them back in for another 30 seconds!
- Spray the taquitos lightly with olive oil spray before air frying to help them achieve that crispy, golden exterior.
- Make a big batch of taquitos and freeze the extras. When you’re ready for a quick and delicious snack, simply pop them in the air fryer straight from the freezer until hot and crispy!
More Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Shake and Bake Chicken in the Air Fryer
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- 5-Minute Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine cream cheese, Buffalo sauce, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add chicken and fold to coat, seasoning as desired.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400F. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until warm and pliable.
- Working one at a time, lay a tortilla out on a clean work surface. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese down the middle of each tortilla, followed by a thin line (about 3 tablespoons) of the chicken mixture on each.
- Carefully roll the tortillas up tightly, securing with a toothpick if needed. Place the taquitos, seam side down, in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Air fry for 5 minutes, carefully flip, then continue to air fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy to your liking.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing, or extra Buffalo sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.