Honey Sriracha sauce is the perfect spicy and sweet complement for your favorite foods. Pair it with chicken, fish, or meatballs, or use it as a dipping sauce for wings!
I’m one of those people who eats sauces with EVERYTHING. Between this honey Sriracha sauce recipe, my 2 ingredient BBQ sauce with added hot sauce, and my homemade Buffalo sauce, there’s never a shortage of the best spicy dipping sauce in my house.
The thing about store-bought dipping sauces is that I find them to be either too spicy or too sweet. So, what’s a cook to do when she can’t find a sauce that works? She makes her own!
I love Sriracha sauce on its own, but sometimes it can get a little bit too spicy for my kids’ liking. The sweetness from the honey and saltiness from the soy sauce in this recipe are just the trick for cooling down some of that spice.
I love pairing this honey Sriracha dipping sauce with wings and meatballs, or as a glaze for fish, chicken, or shrimp. I encourage you to get creative with your own sauce and try it on a variety of your favorite foods!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- All of the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce recipe
- Step-by-step instructions on how to make honey Sriracha sauce at home
- Special tips for how to make the dipping sauce sweeter or spicier!
My honey Sriracha sauce recipe calls for just a few ingredients that you probably already have at home. Let’s get started!
How to Make Honey Sriracha Sauce
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Heat the garlic in a saucepan on medium heat with oil until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
STEP TWO: Add in the rest of the ingredients and let the sauce come to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring frequently. This process reduces the sauce into a nice consistency for a glaze!
STEP THREE: Allow the sauce to cool (you’ll notice it will thicken more as well). As it cools, the homemade sauce will get spicier, so keep this in mind as you taste while it’s cooking!
You can use the sauce as a dip or a glaze for your favorite fish, chicken, or meatballs! It also makes a delicious dipping sauce for shrimp.
Ways to Serve This Honey Sriracha Sauce Recipe
There are so many different ways to serve this Sriracha honey garlic sauce! I personally love to use it as a glaze. Some of my favorite options include:
- Chicken – Here are my best bone-in chicken recipes for inspiration and I highly recommend it on my Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe!
- Brussels sprouts – Skip the sweet and sour sauce in this recipe and replace it with your homemade Sriracha!
- Salmon – Don’t miss my favorite air fryer fish recipes.
- Chicken wing sauce – You can replace the Buffalo sauce in this Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe with your sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce!
- Meatballs – Add a glaze to this air fryer meatball recipe.
- Shrimp – Substitute this honey Sriracha sauce for the lemon and pepper in Air Fryer Shrimp recipe.
- … and more! – Feel free to get creative with your homemade dipping sauce.
What Does Honey Sriracha Sauce Taste Like?
Sriracha honey garlic sauce is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet! Sriracha sauce on its own can pack a punch, especially for people who are sensitive to that kind of heat.
The honey, soy sauce, garlic, and rice vinegar all work together in this recipe to bring out a light sweetness in the Sriracha. This honey Sriracha sauce is the perfect balance of spicy, tangy, and sweet.
How to Make Your Honey Sriracha Dipping Sauce Spicier (Or Milder)
You can make your honey Sriracha dipping sauce as spicy or mild as you like.
For milder heat, use just 3 tablespoons of Sriracha and ¾ cup of honey.
For a spicier sauce, you’ll need to work in the opposite direction. Use more Sriracha and less honey!
How to Store This Sweet and Spicy Sauce
Feel free to make a little extra sweet Sriracha sauce and store the leftovers for later.
You can store this sweet and spicy sauce in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze Homemade Honey Sriracha Sauce
You can make a double or triple batch of sweet Sriracha sauce and freeze the leftovers for easy access. After the sauce is done cooking, let it cool down to room temperature (it should take about 2 hours).
Transfer the sauce into a freezer-safe airtight container. You can store the sauce in your freezer for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and use right away.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 35 Easy Lunch Ideas For Work
- The Best Air Fryer Super Bowl Recipes
Honey Sriracha Sauce
Honey Sriracha sauce is the perfect spicy and sweet complement for your favorite foods. Pair it with chicken, fish, or meatballs!
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup of Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, heat garlic with oil until fragrant on medium heat (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and let it come to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. This is to let it become a nice glaze consistency.
- Allow it to cool. As it cools it will thicken and get spicier. Keep this in mind when tasting it while cooking.
- Use as a dip or a glaze for chicken, meatballs, fish, etc.
For milder heat:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
2 thoughts on “Honey Sriracha Sauce”
Delicious! How long can I store leftover sauce and what is the best method to keep fresh?
Hi Kim, the sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed airtight container. Enjoy!