Frozen Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp is cooked to an extra crispy outside that you can enjoy by the handfuls. Pair it with your favorite dipping sauces for the ultimate appetizer.
Air fryer frozen popcorn shrimp creates a crispy breading with a firm yet tender inside.
Pair the prawns with your favorite dipping sauce for a nice appetizer or add veggies to make it an easy meal.
You can cook Seapak popcorn shrimp in the air fryer or any other frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer with these directions with great results.
Whether you’re making a quick meal for the family or an appetizer for New Year’s, air fryer breaded shrimp is an easy choice everyone will love.
How To Cook Frozen Popcorn Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place the frozen popcorn shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
STEP THREE: Air fry frozen breaded popcorn shrimp for 6 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
STEP FOUR: Remove the popcorn shrimp from the air fryer and enjoy it immediately!
Tips to Make The Best Frozen Breaded Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to get a nice and crispy breading on the air fryer breaded shrimp
- Cook breaded shrimp in the air fryer in a single layer for even cooking
- Use Seapak popcorn shrimp, Great Value, frozen butterfly shrimp, or your other favorite frozen breaded shrimp for the best results
- Use frozen popcorn shrimp with breading, not frozen raw shrimp or homemade popcorn shrimp for these directions
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for some extra flavor
- Jumbo shrimp will take a few extra minutes to cook due to its larger size — use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s heated all the way through
Can I Make Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp with These Directions?
Yes, as long your shrimp is approximately the same size as normal popcorn shrimp, this recipe will work as-is.
If the shrimp is slightly larger, just add a few minutes, and it will taste perfect!
What To Serve with Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp?
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Mac and Cheese With Cream Cheese
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Cornbread
How Long Do You Air Fry Popcorn Shrimp?
Air fried popcorn shrimp will take about 6 minutes to cook.
What Temperature Do You Cook Popcorn Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
Air fryer frozen popcorn shrimp cooks best at high heat.
Cook the shrimp at 400 degrees to get a nice crispy breading.
Sauces to Serve with Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Tartar Sauce
- Cocktail Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Chipotle Mayo
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Spicy Cajun Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
How Do You Reheat Fried Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover fried shrimp in the air fryer basket air frying it for 3-4 minutes, until warmed thoroughly.
- Remove from your air fryer and enjoy!
This method should work with air fryer breaded shrimp and freshly battered or panko breaded shrimp that needs to be reheated.
More Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes
- Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
More Breaded Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
- 6 ounces frozen popcorn shrimp (about 28-30 pieces)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen shrimp in the air fryer in a single layer. (stacking will take much longer to cook).
- Cook the popcorn shrimp for 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove the shrimp from the air fryer and serve immediately.
How to Reheat Breaded Shrimp in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
3. Remove from the air fryer and enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.