Air fryer lamb chops are rich, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion! Simply marinate overnight and then cook to juicy, tender perfection in fifteen minutes.
Lamb chops can be an intimidating dish. Whether you’ve worked with them before or want to try out a recipe for a special occasion, you may be wondering what the best method is. My friend, look no further than air fryer lamb chops!
Whipping up this amazing dish is as simple as marinating the chops overnight, then cooking them for fifteen minutes.
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, they turn out juicy and tender every time!
Lamb chops are also high in protein and low in carbs for a delicious and healthy meal that’s even keto-friendly!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to cook lamb chops in the air fryer
- What kind of lamb chops are best for this recipe
- Why marinating your chops overnight is important
- Herbs and spices to add flavor to your dish
I used to think of lamb chops as a special occasion type of meal. But with a recipe this easy, now I grab them any time I see them in the store at a good price!
Whether you’re looking for a celebratory dish or just feel like cooking something delicious, these easy lamb chops will hit the spot every time.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the lamb rack dry. Remove the silver skin from the underside of the ribs if necessary, then slice into individual chops.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
STEP THREE: Add the lamb and gently toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the air fryer at 380 degrees F. Place the lamb chops in a single layer, making sure not to overlap the meat.
STEP FIVE: Air fry for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3-6 minutes, or to your preferred doneness. Serve warm.
What Kind of Lamb Chops Do I Use?
For this dish, I use lamb rib chops, which are also known as rack of lamb.
This cut comes from the rib section as opposed to shoulder or loin chops. Because each cut is going to have a different cooking time, I would recommend sticking with lamb rib chops for this recipe.
What Temperature Should Lamb Chops Be Cooked To?
This all depends on how you want your lamb to be cooked! From medium-rare to well-done, the internal temperature varies by about 25 degrees F.
At the minimum, you want to make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. This will give you medium-rare lamb chops. For medium doneness, continue cooking until the lamb reaches 160 degrees F.
You don’t want to go past 170 degrees F or you’ll risk overcooking the meat.
I recommend using an Instant-Read Meat Thermometer, like the inexpensive Kizen Thermometer I use, to get a quick read of the lamb chop’s internal temperature.
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Any leftover lamb chops can be stored in a shallow airtight container in the refrigerator. You could also wrap them in plastic wrap or heavy-duty aluminum foil.
When stored properly, your lamb chops will stay fresh for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Do I Need to Marinate Lamb Chops?
For the best possible lamb chops, I absolutely recommend marinating your cuts. It not only adds flavor but also breaks down the meat for a tender, juicier dish.
Plus, it’s so easy to whip up the marinade. After that, simply coat the lamb, cover it, and store it overnight. Just a few minutes of prep can make such a difference in your final meal!
What Herbs and Spices Go Well with Lamb?
Lamb has a very strong flavor, so it works well with powerful herbs. We’ll use oregano for this recipe, but you can also experiment with herbs like rosemary, basil, or mint.
As for spices, I like to keep it simple with garlic, salt, and pepper. But if you prefer, you can always add spices like coriander, onion powder, mustard powder, or paprika for an extra pop of flavor!
What Goes with Lamb Chops?
- Air Fryer Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
How to Cook Frozen Lamb Chops in the Air Fryer
- Pat the lamb rack dry. Remove the silver skin from the underside of the ribs if necessary, then slice into individual chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Add the lamb and gently toss to coat in the marinade. Place the chops in plastic zipper bags and freeze.
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 degrees F. Place the lamb chops in a single layer, making sure not to overlap the meat.
- Air fry for 13 minutes, flip, and fry for another 3-6 minutes, or to your preferred doneness. Serve warm.
How to Reheat Rack of Lamb Chops in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 degrees F.
- Place the lamb chops in a single layer, making sure not to overlap the meat.
- Air fry for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through until heated through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 1/4 pounds rack of lamb (about 7 to 8 lamb chops)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pat dry the lamb rack. Remove silver skin from the underside of ribs if needed. Cut into individual chops.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, & pepper. Add the lamb and gently toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and marinate for about 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. Place lamb chops in the air fryer in a single layer, making sure not to overlap the meat.
- Air fry for 8 minutes, flip and fry for another 3-6 minutes, or to your preferred doneness. Serve warm.
How to Cook Frozen Lamb Chops in the Air Fryer:
1. Prepare the lamb through step 2, but place lamb chops in the freezer, not the fridge.
2. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. Place the frozen lamb chops in the air fryer in a single layer, making sure not to overlap the meat.
3. Cook for 13 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3 to 6 minutes until thoroughly cooked to your liking.
How to Reheat Lamb Chops in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
2. Place the leftover lamb chops in the air fryer and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until thoroughly warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 41g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.