Soft, chewy, and chocolatey, these sugar cookies with Hershey Kisses are divinely delicious. These fluffy, buttery, chocolate-topped bites of bliss are sure to impress any crowd.
Sugar cookies with a Hershey Kiss on top are a perfect treat for any occasion. They are simple and easy enough to make on a weeknight and fancy enough to bring to any holiday get-together.
The recipe is fantastic to make with the kids too. Cookies with Hershey Kisses always bring me right back to some of my fondest childhood memories and it feels great to share this love of cookies and baking!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- All of the ingredients you’ll need to make sugar cookies with Hershey Kisses, plus simple step-by-step instructions
- Expert tips on how to make the best sugar cookie blossoms in town
- Ideas to customize this fun and easy recipe for any occasion or holiday
Get ready for soft and chewy cookies topped with the perfect amount of melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. All you need is a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes to make buttery cookies with Hershey Kisses.
How to Make Sugar Cookies with Hershey Kisses
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
STEP TWO: Fit your stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add softened butter to the mixing bowl, turn the mixer on low speed, and slowly add the powdered sugar. Increase the speed to medium and beat for another minute or two until the mixture is light and fluffy.
STEP THREE: Scrape down the sides of the bowl and reduce the speed back down to low. Add in the vanilla extract and egg.
STEP FOUR: Whisk flour, baking powder, and kosher salt together in a small bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture with the mixer on low speed, just until the dough begins to come together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another few seconds to incorporate any remaining flour or butter. Be sure not to overmix!
STEP FIVE: Scoop out dough into 18 portions, each one about 2 tablespoons, and roll into smooth balls. Place balls on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Press down until cookies are disc-shaped and ¼ inch tall.
STEP SIX: Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are beginning to brown slightly. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the top of each one. Leave cookies on the tray to cool completely. Leftovers can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Tips for Making the Best Possible Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top
Are you wondering how to take this classic cookie recipe to the next level? A few simple tricks will guarantee your cookies are the stuff of legends!
- Unsalted butter is the best choice for baking. Be sure to soften butter completely so it blends smoothly with other ingredients.
- Ingredients will incorporate better if your egg is also at room temperature.
- Choose kosher salt over table salt for perfectly balanced sweetness.
- Since vanilla is the strongest flavor in this recipe, be sure to use the highest quality vanilla extract you can get your hands on. It makes a huge difference, and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
How Do I Make Sugar Cookie Blossoms Soft and Fluffy?
A few simple steps will help make sure your cookies are soft, fluffy, and sure to please.
- Use powdered sugar in place of granulated sugar. This sweetens the recipe while keeping the dough light and fluffy.
- Baking powder is a vital ingredient. It acts as a leavening agent and keeps the cookies light and airy.
- Flour is the foundation of the recipe, and using the correct amount is essential. Be sure to use the spoon and level method when measuring to avoid dry cookies.
How Can I Keep the Hershey Kisses From Melting Too Much?
A little bit of melting is wonderful, but we want our cookies with Hershey Kiss on top to hold their shape. Luckily, there is a simple and easy solution for this. Simply toss your Hershey Kisses in the freezer the night before you plan on baking. Problem solved!
How Do I Customize Sugar Cookie Blossoms?
Every time I blink, it seems like there is a new flavor of Hershey Kisses on the market! Original kisses are great but don’t be afraid to get adventurous. Candy cane or peppermint Kisses add a touch of mint and holiday spirit, while pumpkin spice Kisses are a fun twist for autumn.
You can also try another candy altogether such as Rolos or a mini Reese’s cup! And, of course, don’t forget about food coloring and sprinkles. Armed with these tools, you can customize these delicious little treats to fit any occasion, season, or holiday.
Other Simple Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Sugar Cookies Without Baking Soda
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Grinch Sugar Cookies
- Pink Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- 35 Easy Christmas Cookies
- Hershey Kiss Cookies with Shortbread
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Iced Thumbprint Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 18 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Add the softened butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Once all of the powdered sugar has been added, turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy — about 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. With the mixer still on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Mix just until the cookie dough begins to clump together. You don’t want to overmix! Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another few seconds — just to incorporate any remaining flour and butter.
- Scoop out 18 portions (about 2 tablespoons) and roll them into smooth balls. Place them at least 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press the cookies down slightly to form a disc that is about ¼ inch tall.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press a Hershey Kiss into the top of each one.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray before storing in an airtight container at room temperature. Cookies will keep for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.