Did you know you can make air fryer sweet potato wedges from scratch in less than 30 minutes? Just slice, toss with oil and seasoning, and let the air fryer take care of the rest!
Have you ever tried making homemade wedges from scratch?
Whether you’re a pro or a first-timer, you’re going to fall in love with these super easy and irresistibly good air fryer sweet potato wedges!
Simply slice your sweet potatoes, toss them with oil and seasonings, then let the air fryer work its magic!
Salt and pepper are all you need to emphasize the wedges’ natural flavor, and the outsides get so nice and crispy. This is one the whole family will love!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The best way to make sweet potato wedges in the air fryer in under 30 minutes
- How to know when your wedges are ready to enjoy
- Some ideas for mixing up the seasonings
- What to serve with sweet potato wedges
- How to reheat leftover sweet potato wedges in the air fryer
I just love the flavor of sweet potatoes, especially in the fall and winter.
Their natural sweetness combined with the oil and touch of salt provides the perfect contrast.
They’re great as a side for almost any meal, but I also find myself craving them all on their own!
I made this recipe using the 5.7 QT Instant Pot Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
STEP TWO: Place the sweet potato wedges an even layer in the air fryer basket. Slight overlapping is okay.
STEP THREE: Cook at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
STEP FOUR: Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Do You Need to Peel the Sweet Potatoes Before Air Frying?
Nope! The skin will get nice and crispy in the air fryer, so there’s no need to go through the hassle of peeling your sweet potatoes.
That’s just one of the reasons I love this recipe so much: all you have to do is slice, add the oil and seasonings, and air fry. How easy is that?
How Long to Cook Sweet Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
We want the wedges to get nice and crispy on the outside while staying soft and fluffy on the inside. That’s my definition of a perfect sweet potato wedge!
The exact cooking time will vary based on the size and model of your air fryer as well as the size of your sweet potato.
Cooking the wedges for 12 minutes always works for me, so that’s a good place to start.
If your sweet potatoes are on the smaller side, meaning the wedges are going to be a bit smaller, you may want to check on them around the 10-minute mark.
If they’re normal or large, check on them at 12 minutes.
Use a fork to pierce the skin of a wedge to get a sense of how soft they are inside.
If you feel any resistance, I recommend cooking them for a few more minutes.
Can You Add More Seasoning?
Absolutely! This base recipe is incredibly simple, so you have lots of room to get creative with your spices if you like.
Looking for a kick of southwestern flavor? Use the seasoning blend and lime juice from my Mexican air fryer sweet potatoes recipe!
Want something milder that will still delight the taste buds? Try adding ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder and a ¼ of a teaspoon of paprika.
You could also try the spice blend from my air fryer sweet potato cubes. Brown sugar and dried parsley with some fresh parsley on top is a wonderful medley of flavors!
What to Serve with Air Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
How to Reheat Sweet Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
- Lay the leftover sweet potato wedges in the air fryer basket in a single layer
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until wedges are heated through and crispy on the outsides
Other Air Fryer Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Looking for the perfect snack or side the whole family will devour? Lightly seasoned air fryer sweet potato wedges are crispy, irresistibly tasty, and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 3 small sweet potatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Cook in an even layer in the air fryer at 375 F for 12 minutes (slight overlapping is okay), flipping halfway through.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to reheat sweet potato wedges:
1. Place sweet potato wedges in your air fryer basket.
2. Cook for 3-5 minutes at 375 degrees until they are hot and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.