Air fryer pizza delivers warm, mouthwatering melted cheese and perfectly crispy crust in a matter of minutes. These scrumptious air fried pizzas are perfect for feeding your family on busy weeknights.
If you’ve never air fried pizza before, you are in for a treat. When you air fry pizza, everyone gets the chance to make their very own homemade mini pizza in a matter of minutes. Plus, making pizza in the air fryer is healthier and less expensive than going to a restaurant.
I like to let the kids help with this one too. It’s so fun to watch them delight as they turn pizza dough into their very own edible masterpiece. Pizza night just got a lot more fun!
How to Make Pizza In The Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Get a decent gauge of the size of your air fryer basket. Working on a flat, floured surface, roll your pizza dough out to fit the basket.
STEP TWO: Prepare your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and place the dough inside the basket.
STEP THREE: Brush the entire surface of the dough with oil, set your air fryer to 400 degrees F, and cook the dough for 3-4 minutes. Once crisped up, turn it over, brush with more oil, and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Taking care to leave a border around the edges, spread the pizza sauce on the crispy crust.
STEP FIVE: Now, you can add the toppings. Start by sprinkling shredded mozzarella over the crust, then top it with pepperoni slices.
STEP SIX: Air fry pizza for about 3 minutes, checking for melted, bubbly cheese and a lovely, golden brown crust.
STEP SEVEN: Carefully remove the pizza from the air fryer with tongs or a spatula. Set it aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Once cooled, cut the pizza into slices. Top it off with chopped basil or the garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Pizza
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Garlic Knots
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Dry Rub
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Broccoli Salad
Variations for Air Fried Pizza
- Choose different toppings. Swap out the pepperoni for ham, sausage, chicken, bacon, or any of your favorite meats.
- Make it vegetarian. Skip the meat and top your pizza with veggies like sliced mushrooms, onions, or peppers.
- Use a different crust. If desired, make your mini pizza on a tortilla, naan bread, or cauliflower crust. You can use frozen dough as well, just be sure to thaw it in the fridge overnight first.
More Air Fryer Pizza Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Pizza Bagel Bites in the Air Fryer
- Pepperoni Mac and Cheese Skillet
- Frozen Pizza Rolls in An Air Fryer
Air Fryer Pizza Freezing and Storage
- Freeze the dough. If you have extra dough on your hands, you can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Store leftover pizza. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Make ahead of time. If needed, you can assemble your mini pizza a day or two ahead of time. Wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you are ready to start air frying.
Is It Possible To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
You can absolutely reheat pizza in the air fryer, and it’s super easy!
Place your cold pizza in the basket, press the reheat button, and let your device do the work for you.
Alternatively, you can preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, place your slices in the basket, and air fry your pizza for about 3-5 minutes.
How Can I Tell When Air Fryer Pizza Is Done?
When you air fry pizza, you will look for the same signs that any pizza is done. The best clues are a crispy, golden brown crust and that enticing, melted, and bubbly cheese.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- 1 can of pizza crust dough
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of sliced pepperoni
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Roll out the pizza crust dough on a floured surface until it's similar to the size of your air fryer basket.
- Spray cooking spray on the air fryer basket and place the rolled-out dough inside the basket.
- Brush oil on the entire pizza dough and then air fry it at 400 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the crisped-up dough over. Brush with oil and air fry it for another 3 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crispy crust, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce and add pepperoni slices over the cheese.
- Cook the pizza for 3 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use a pair of tongs or spatula to carefully remove the pizza from the air fryer basket and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the pizza with basil leaves and cut the pizza into slices and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1408mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.