My copycat spicy chicken chipotle pasta recipe is the ultimate homemade version of the popular Cheesecake Factory dish! Tender pasta is covered in a spicy cream sauce that’s bursting with intense flavor.
Pasta is such a great go-to for weeknight dinner. I love recipes like buffalo chicken pasta bake, mac and cheese, and spaghetti with homemade marinara. I also can’t get enough of air fryer ravioli — and if pasta is on the menu, you know I’m serving it with my easy garlic cheese bread!
And while I love whipping up pasta at home, it’s also one of my go-to’s when I go out to eat.
If you’ve ever had the Chipotle Chicken Pasta at the Cheesecake Factory, you know just how incredible it is! It’s a hearty dish that combines the beauty of so many different flavors.
Spicy chipotle seasoning, a deliciously creamy Parmesan sauce, and plenty of vegetables form the base of this spicy chicken pasta recipe. Combined with perfectly cooked penne, it’s a pasta lover’s dream!
How to Make Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Cut your boneless skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes and melt some butter in a deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. You can also heat a large pot of water to cook the penne.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken and honey and stir to coat evenly. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until the pieces reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Take the cooked chicken out of the pan and set aside.
STEP THREE: Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain once it’s done cooking.
STEP FOUR: Go back to the sauté pan, reduce the heat to medium, and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, then add the peppers, onion, and peas.
Allow the veggies to cook for about 5 minutes more, then remove the pan from heat.
STEP FIVE: Melt more butter in a medium-sized pot to make your spicy chipotle sauce. Incorporate the garlic, then slowly pour in the heavy cream.
Add the chipotle in adobo sauce (remember to only use the sauce!), salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted.
STEP SIX: Combine the chicken, pasta, and sauce with the vegetables, then stir and serve!
What to Serve With Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta Cheesecake Factory Copycat
My spicy chicken chipotle pasta Cheesecake Factory copycat works wonderfully on its own, but you may want to serve it with extra veggies, a side of bread, or an extra appetizer.
- Garlic bread
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Garden salad
Variations for Chipotle Chicken Pasta
- Use a different protein. This copycat Cheesecake Factory spicy chicken chipotle pasta is of course made with chicken, but you could also use steak or seafood like shrimp. You could also omit protein altogether to make this vegetarian.
- Switch up the pasta. Penne is my favorite, but linguine works well too!
- Play around with the spice levels. If you like things spicier, add more chipotle. If you don’t, you can use less.
- Use your favorite vegetables. I use a combination of asparagus, red and yellow peppers, and peas to stay true to the spicy chicken chipotle pasta Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe. You could also use zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, or mushrooms.
More Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Baked Split Chicken Breast
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
What is Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta?
I was directly inspired by the Cheesecake Factory spicy chicken chipotle pasta dish. It’s made with honey chicken, pasta, sweet peppers, peas, asparagus, and a spicy chipotle Parmesan cream sauce.
Think of it like a chipotle Alfredo pasta with veggies.
How to Prep This Cheesecake Factory Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta Ahead of Time
Life is busy, so I am always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen.
You can easily cook the pasta, make the spicy chipotle sauce, and chop and sauté the veggies 1-2 days before you plan on making it.
Store everything separately in the fridge, then combine and reheat before digging in.
How to Store Chipotle Chicken Pasta
Store any leftover chipotle chicken pasta in an airtight container, like these Rubbermaid containers, and refrigerate within 1 hour of making it.
It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days — you can use your microwave to reheat it.
more Pasta Recipes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 box penne pasta (16 ounces)
Spicy Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo sauce (just the sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- Cut the boneless skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes
- Melt butter in a deep saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and honey and stir to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until they reach 165 degrees. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pot of water on the stove and cook penne pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain the water.
- Turn the deep saute to medium heat and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add in the asparagus and let cook for about 3 minutes. Then add in the diced peppers, onion, and peas. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or so until the vegetables are tender. Remove pan from the heat.
- Put together the chipotle sauce by melting the butter in a medium pot on medium heat. Add in the minced garlic, then slowly add the heavy cream. Put the chipotle in adobo sauce (just the sauce), salt, and pepper in the pot and stir to combine. Lastly, add in the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook on medium heat until all the cheese melts.*
- Add the chicken, pasta, and spicy chipotle cream sauce to the vegetables (or in a pot that will fit everything), stir to combine, then enjoy!
*if the sauce is too thin for your liking, add in 1 tablespoon of flour while it's still on the heat. This will help thicken it up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 657mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 20gProtein: 35g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.