Once you try making shake and bake pork chops in the air fryer, this will be your go-to meal for any occasion! Juicy, tender, impressive enough for guests, and easy enough for busy weeknights.
Need an easy dish for entertaining dinner guests? Or maybe you just want a nice meal to get the family around the table that won’t take all day to make?
There’s never a bad time to whip up shake, and bake pork chops in the air fryer!
This recipe is everything you love about shake-and-bake convenience, but instead of baking, we’ll use the air fryer to cook the pork chops to juicy, tender perfection.
They turn out perfectly seasoned and oh-so-delicious.
And if you love shake and bake, try my air fryer shake and bake chicken recipe too!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make air fryer shake and bake pork chops
- How to know when your pork chops are done cooking
- Tips for making the best shake n bake pork chops in the air fryer
- What to serve with this dish
- How to reheat shake, and bake air fryer pork chops
When you need an easy way to cook pork chops, shake and bake in the air fryer is a no-fuss meal that turns out beautifully every time. This is the kind of recipe you’ll come back to again and again!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Shake and Bake Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Use a paper towel, pat the pork chops dry, then lightly spray them with cooking spray or brush them with olive oil.
STEP THREE: One at a time, place the pork chops in the bag of Kraft shake and bake. Shake until each chop is completely coated.
STEP FOUR: Place the coated pork chops in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Remove the chops from the air fryer and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Getting the Best Crispy Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Make sure to pat the pork chops dry to remove excess moisture. This will make it easier for the oil to stick, which allows more of the shake n bake seasoning to coat the chops.
- You can always make this recipe with mayo instead of oil if you prefer a thicker coating.
- Flip the chops halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Always let pork chops rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing so the meat can reabsorb the juices.
How Long Do You Cook Shake, and Bake Pork Chops in the Air Fryer?
The cooking time can vary based on the size of your pork chops as well as the brand and size of your air fryer.
For ¾-inch thick chops, cooking 8 minutes and flipping halfway through was just right.
I always recommend using a meat thermometer for the most accurate cooking time.
Insert it into the thickest pork chop and cook until the chop reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Making These With Boneless Pork Chops Vs. Bone In Pork Chops
This recipe works best with boneless pork chops. If you want to use bone-in instead, the process and cooking time will be slightly different.
I recommend checking out my recipe for Breaded Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops for the best results!
Thin Vs. Thick Pork Chops in This Shake N Bake Recipe
The pork chops I used for this recipe were ¾ inch thick, which wouldn’t be considered thin or thick cut.
Thin pork chops are usually between ⅛ inch and ¼ inch thick, while thick-cut pork chops are over 1 inch thick.
You can check out my recipe for Thick Pork Chops in the Air Fryer for cooking time and temperature, but you can still use the Shake N Bake method for getting perfectly-seasoned, crispy chops!
What to Serve with Shake N Bake Pork Chops
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Broccoli Salad
- Green Beans Almondine
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese (or Instant Pot Mac and Cheese)
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
How to Reheat Shake N Bake Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Lay the leftover shake and bake pork chops in the air fryer.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
Other Air Fryer Pork Recipes You’ll Love:
- 4 Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops (mine were ¾ of an inch thick)
- 1 packet of Kraft Shake and Bake
- Cooking Spray or Olive Oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Use a paper towel and pat your pork chops dry. Then lightly spray them with cooking spray or brush them with olive oil.
- One at a time, place the pork chops in the bag of shake and bake and shake till they are completely coated.
- Place your covered pork chops in your air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping ½ way through. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees.
- Allow them to rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
How to reheat pork chops:
1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Add pork chops to air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 14g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.