Air fryer Spam turns a simple can of Spam into a culinary delight the whole family will love! One easy trick ensures each slice is irresistibly crispy.
The key to the best air fryer spam you’ve ever had is knowing the right way to do it. And it’s probably even easier than you think.
All you have to do is preheat your air fryer! This might seem like a small step, but it’s the secret to transforming spam from a humble pantry staple into a crispy, golden treat.
Say goodbye to soggy or unevenly cooked slices. Preheating the air fryer ensures that each piece of spam gets cooked just right for that perfect texture and taste with every bite.
Savory deliciousness is only 15 minutes away. And when you get the air fryer nice and hot before adding your slices, they turn out crispy and golden every single time!
How to Cook Spam in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Slice the spam into 8 equal slices.
STEP THREE: Place the spam slices in a single layer along the bottom of the air fryer basket or tray.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Spam
- Give your air fryer time to preheat before adding the Spam slices.
- Cut the spam slices as evenly as possible so they cook at the same rate.
- Arrange the slices of Spam in the air fryer in a single layer so the hot air can properly circulate.
- Turn the Spam slices halfway through the cooking time to help them brown up on all sides.
- Serve air fryer Spam while it’s hot and crispy for the best texture and flavor.
More Air Fryer Ham and Sausage Recipes
Variations for Air Fryer Spam
- Sprinkle some seasoning like garlic powder or paprika over the Spam slices before cooking for added flavor.
- Brush a little honey and sriracha mix on the slices before the final minutes of cooking for a sweet and spicy kick.
- Coat the Spam with teriyaki sauce during the last few minutes for a delicious Asian-inspired twist on this luncheon meat.
- Add a slice of cheese at the last minute for a melty, cheesy delight.
- Use air fried Spam to make an incredible Spam sandwich or burger.
Can You Cook Spam in the Air Fryer?
If you’ve been wondering how to cook Spam for the best results, the air fryer is your answer! It gets each slice oh-so-crispy and irresistible in 10 minutes flat.
How Long to Cook Spam in the Air Fryer
Spam typically takes about 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
Flipping it halfway through ensures both sides get that perfect crispiness. The total time might vary slightly depending on your air fryer’s model and the thickness of the Spam slices.
What Temperature Do You Fry Spam?
For the best results, fry Spam in the air fryer at 400 degrees F. This temperature will help you get those amazing crispy edges that make cooked Spam so delicious.
Can I Make Air Fryer Spam Without Oil?
You don’t need to add any extra oil to make spam in the air fryer. Spam has enough fat content that will render out, helping it crisp up nicely.
Can I Cook Spam Straight from the Can in the Air Fryer?
You can cook Spam directly from the can in the air fryer. Just slice it into even pieces and air fry for a crispy, delicious treat.
How Thick Should I Slice the Spam for Air Frying?
For the best results, slice the Spam into even, medium-thickness slices. This thickness allows for a nice balance between crispy edges and a tender center.
I recommend cutting the Spam in half, then cutting each piece in half two more times to help you get the most even slices.
What to Serve with Cooked Spam
More Pork Recipes:
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Easy Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- 1 can spam
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the spam into 8 equal slices.
- Place the spam slices in a single layer along the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.