Perfectly moist and fluffy and bursting with autumnal spices, my pumpkin bread with cake mix is perfect for breakfast or simply to have around the house for munching!
I’ll be the first to admit that I can’t get enough of the pumpkin craze that rolls around every fall season! You’ll catch me with a pumpkin latte in hand and a loaf of this pumpkin bread with cake mix on my countertop most days. I just love it for a fall baking project.
Not only does using cake mix make it so unbelievably easy to prepare, but it’s also flavorful — your entire house will fill with the sweet, warm, and spicy aromas as it bakes up in the oven. When I make it and my kids come home from school, they immediately know what’s in the oven as soon as they open the door. 5 ingredient pumpkin bread for everyone!
Consider making a double batch of this cake mix bread to save for later. Once you try it, you won’t be able to get enough!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread With Cake Mix
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 loaf pan or place parchment paper in it.
STEP TWO: Add the vanilla pudding, canned pumpkin purée, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice to a bowl and mix well to combine.
STEP THREE: Incorporate the spice cake mix and stir until just blended — overmixing the batter will cause the middle to sink in. If you’re using chocolate chips, now is the time to add them!
STEP FOUR: Scoop the quick bread batter into your prepared loaf pan and place in the oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. It will typically take less than an hour to cook, but all ovens are different.
STEP FIVE: Remove the cake mix pumpkin bread from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
Tips to Make The Best Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- Mix thoroughly, but be careful not to overdo it. Make sure to mix the ingredients until they are just combined/blended. You want it to be smooth, but if you mix too much, the middle of the pumpkin bread will cave in.
- Don’t skip the cooling step. While you may be super eager to try out your delicious pumpkin bread from cake mix, you really do need to let it cool for at least 10 minutes before removing it from the loaf cake pan. You’ll prevent sticking this way!
- Make sure to use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling. The purée adds a yummy pumpkin flavor without any additives found in pie filling.
Variations for Making Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Try it with a different box cake mix. I like making pumpkin bread with spice cake mix best, but you could also use white cake mix or yellow cake mix. You may even try it with a chocolate cake mix! If you do, add the following spices:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Add some extra ingredients for more flavor and texture. Chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, and even a dash of maple syrup would all taste great!
- Top with cream cheese frosting to make this easy pumpkin bread recipe more decadent.
More Bread Recipes
- Irish Soda Bread With No Buttermilk
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Zucchini Bread With Applesauce
- Air Fryer Bread
- 4 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
- Hawaiian Bread French Toast
Can You Make a 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, you can make 2 ingredient pumpkin bread from cake mix and canned pumpkin.
It’s a very easy recipe in that all you need to do is combine the ingredients, mix, and bake! I tend to prefer my recipe because it’s more flavorful.
How to Store This 5 ingredient Pumpkin Bread
You can store pumpkin bread with cake mix in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
You can also wrap it tightly in plastic wrap instead if desired. Make sure to allow it to cool completely before storage for the best results. It will keep for 2-3 days.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Without Evaporated Milk
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- What to Do With Leftover Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 box Jell-O vanilla instant pudding (3.4 ounce box)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounce)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Spice Cake Mix (15.25 ounce)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the vanilla pudding, pumpkin puree, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice into a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the spice cake mix and mix until just blended. Overmixing the batter will cause the middle to sink in more. Mix in the chocolate chips if using.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and scoop the pumpkin bread batter into the pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool for at least 10 minutes then remove from the loaf pan.
Can't Find Spice Cake? Add the following to a white or yellow cake mix to make your own spice cake mix!
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.