Cream cheese pineapple pound cake is a classic dessert that combines the rich flavors of cream cheese and the tropical sweetness of pineapple to create a cake that’s simply irresistible.
I have a cream cheese pineapple pound cake that will have you sinking your fork into this fluffy and cream dessert.
The moist, tender cake and the tangy cream cheese blend together into pure perfection.
What makes this cake even better is its simplicity. You don’t need to be a master baker to enjoy the goodness of an old-fashioned pineapple bundt cake.
It gives that bit of nostalgia and straightforward goodness of a pineapple pound cake, but the easy way.
How to Make Pineapple Pound Cake
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 10-inch bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
STEP TWO: In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cake mix, vanilla extract, and pineapple juice. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
STEP THREE: Add the room-temperature eggs and the crushed, drained pineapple to the mixture, then blend until fully mixed.
STEP FOUR: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
STEP FIVE: After baking, let the pineapple bundt cake cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Gently invert the pan onto a cooling rack to release the cake and let it cool completely.
STEP SIX: For the sweet pineapple vanilla glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and melted butter until smooth. Slowly add in the reserved pineapple juice until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
STEP SEVEN: Once the cake has cooled, place it on a serving plate. Drizzle the pineapple glaze over the top, allowing it to flow down the sides.
STEP EIGHT: Allow the pineapple glaze to set for a few minutes, then slice and serve your delightful pineapple cream cheese pound cake with a side of fresh fruit.
Tips for Pineapple Bundt Cake
- Check for doneness with the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick in the center of the pineapple cream cheese pound cake and pull it back out. It should come out clean!
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before removing it. This helps it set and prevents it from falling apart when removed from the pan.
- Then, let the cake cool completely before adding the glaze. A warm cake can cause the glaze to become too runny.
- Give the glaze a few minutes to set before cutting the cake. This ensures it doesn’t slide off the cake when sliced.
- To make the glaze visually appealing, drizzle it over the cake in a back-and-forth motion, allowing it to flow naturally down the sides.
More Fruity Cake Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Cake
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Apple Crisp Mini Cheesecakes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake With Crushed Pineapple
- Strawberry Shortcake Crumble
Variations to Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Try a Hawaiian-inspired variation by swapping some or all of the canned pineapple with diced mango, plus some shredded coconut.
- Create a zesty variation with orange zest and juice, replacing the pineapple juice with a vibrant orange pound cake bursting with citrus flavor.
- Swap out the crushed pineapple with your favorite fruit. This pineapple bundt cake recipe works well with a range of delicious options, so feel free to get creative!
- Use your own cake mix. I like using boxed cake mix for convenience, but feel free to make a homemade version!
How Can I Make this Pineapple Pound Cake More Moist?
Add some sour cream into the batter for an ultra-moist and tender pineapple cake. The sour cream also adds a delightful tanginess that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the pineapple.
Simply replace a portion of the cream cheese with the sour cream.
Why Isn’t My Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake Fluffy?
A likely cause of this is there isn’t enough air in the butter and sugar mixture. This can be because you didn’t cream the butter for long enough or because you added the sugar, eggs, or flour too quickly.
To fix this, make sure you give that butter a good mixing until it’s nice and fluffy. Then, when you add the sugar, do so gradually.
What to Serve with Pineapple Pound Cake
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Fruitcake Cookies
- Strawberry Banana Cake
- Strawberry Jam Cookies
- No Bake Cheesecake with Just 3 Ingredients
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 10-inch bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and pineapple juice. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer at medium speed to blend the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Add the room-temperature eggs as well as the crushed and drained pineapple to the mixture and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour the wet batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully invert the pan to release the cake onto a cooling rack, allowing it to cool completely.
- To make the sweet pineapple vanilla glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and melted butter until smooth. Gradually add in the reserved pineapple juice and continue whisking until the glaze is smooth and reaches your desired consistency.
- Once the tender cake has cooled, place it on a serving plate and drizzle the pineapple glaze over the top of the cake, letting it cascade down the sides.
- Allow the simple pineapple glaze to set for a few minutes before slicing and serving your delicious pineapple cream cheese pound cake with a side of fresh fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.