A crispy crust, creamy center, and full of flavor both inside and out! Air fryer Avocado Fries are healthy and tasty, with a sriracha ranch dipping sauce for just a hint of heat.
Curb that french fry craving and ditch those harmful trans-fats and carbohydrates with these homemade air fried avocado fries!
Thanks to the fruit’s (yes — avocados are technically a fruit) natural and healthy oils, you won’t need any additional oil for this recipe. Avocados are also low-carb and packed with healthy fats, vitamins C and E, and potassium. They’re called a super food for a reason!
I coat these avocado fries with egg, flour, and breadcrumbs for a super crunchy crust that gives way to a buttery, light center — creating a harmony of textures and flavors. And with a hint of sriracha to spice up the mild flavor of these wedges, this recipe really has a bit of everything!
The following instructions yield 4 servings, but you can easily double or triple the amounts to feed a whole crowd. And trust me, no one’s going to be satisfied with just a few — be sure to make plenty to go around.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to prepare creamy, crispy air fryer avocado fries and a tangy sauce to dip them in.
- The easiest and most efficient way to wash, slice and prepare avocados for frying, plus all the ingredients needed to make them into delicious, healthy fries.
- Some tips about how to prepare and cook with avocados, as well as the best way to reheat leftovers.
With just a few steps and a handful of ingredients, you’ll have a batch of guilt-free fries that the whole family will love. Read on to learn how!
And if you’re a huge fan of avocados, you’re going to love our Avocado Lime Crema recipe!
How to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
STEP ONE: Slice the avocados into wedges while still in the skin, then scoop out the bright green flesh with a large spoon. This is a fool-proof method to keep the wedges intact!
STEP TWO: Set up your breading station. In a plate or bowl with a flat bottom, add the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to fully combine.
In a second shallow dish, add the flour. Add the eggs to a third dish and whisk.
STEP THREE: Dip and coat each wedge in the following order: egg, flour, egg, and finally panko. The two egg layers help the breadcrumbs to adhere to the wedges and stick while frying.
STEP FOUR: Preheat your fryer to 400 degrees F. Arrange the wedges in the basket in one single layer to allow for even cooking. Cook for a total of 4-6 minutes, flipping the wedges over after 2-3 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by simply mixing the sriracha and ranch. Adjust the amount of sriracha depending on the level of spice you like. Serve with your air fryer avocado fries as soon as they’ve finished frying!
How do I reheat avocado fries in the air fryer?
In general, I recommend making these fries fresh. As we all know, avocado browns quickly and fries lose their crunch after being refrigerated. However, reheating in the air fryer instead of the microwave will give you much crispier leftover fries!
To reheat, set to 350 degrees F. Make a single layer of the wedges and heat for 3 minutes or so until warmed through the center.
It’s good practice to wash all fruits and vegetables before preparing, even if you’re not eating the outside. Bacteria still rests on the skin, and slicing into an unwashed avocado can lead to salmonella contamination.
Be sure to dry the fruit before slicing it. It’s slippery and dangerous to try and cut one while wet.
Thanks to its abundance of healthy oils, avocados can crisp up without any butter or additional oil needed. Inside the crust, the fruit maintains that creamy and buttery consistency. And with the egg, flour, and panko coating, it gets even crispier.
Flavor-wise, it maintains the same taste as well: rich, refreshing, and earthy.
The age-old question! Finding a perfectly ripe avocado is almost an art of its own.
When air frying, you don’t want to work with overly ripe and mushy avocados. You don’t want one that’s overly firm and lacking flavor and creaminess, either.
It’s hard to tell by appearance alone. The best avocados will give a bit when squeezed but are still somewhat firm. This will allow you to slice and bread while keeping the wedges intact.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- 4 avocados
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Wash the avocados to clean them then cut each avocado in half and then slice it into wedges. Use a big spoon to scoop out the wedges to keep them intact.
- Set up 3 bowls. Put the panko breadcrumbs in the first bowl and add the garlic powder and salt in. Mix to combine.
- Place the flour and eggs separately into the other two bowls. Whisk the eggs.
- Dip each avocado wedge into the breading in this order: egg, flour, egg, panko.
- Place the breaded avocado wedges into your air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cooking, mix together dipping sauce. Combine the sriracha and ranch dressing and mix well.*
- Enjoy immediately!
*add more sriracha if you prefer a spicier dip
How to Reheat Avocado Fries in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover avocado fries in the air fryer then cook for about 3 minutes until warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g